Page 6 of 206 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by rca90gsx View Post
    How is the reliability with the scorpion pistol? I'm actually looking at the Scorpion Micro right now and trying to decide now on it.

Thanks!
    Runs like a champ, even with the Omega 9K can (tri lug). No drama, the suppressor doesn’t bother it at all. Spooky quiet with 147s.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The Evo pistols have the reputation of being reliable as long as you use factory length magazines without extensions and leave the trigger stock.

Are the stock triggers any better these days?

cc

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Are the stock triggers any better these days?

cc
    Not sure. My info is based on owning one (or maybe still owning one but I can’t remember) and not shooting it, but observing others shoot them in USPSA and speaking with people like Kelly Neal.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by rca90gsx View Post
    Thanks! I appreciate that. The micro seems like it would be a great PDW setup, since it already comes with the pistol brace etc... I appreciate it.
    Shoot one before you buy if possible. I ran a friend's 16" Scorpion carbine as my first (so far only) exposure to USPSA PCC and found that it disagreed with me. I can't really complain about the reliability, as the problems I had there could easily be attributed to that gun not liking loads set up for my pistols (at the beginning of one stage, I had problems getting it to even chamber the first round, so I wouldn't be shocked if it just didn't like the bullet profile and/or overall length). Reliability aside, the gun seemed to want to jump around in my hands a lot more in recoil than I expected for a full-size rifle in 9mm, especially running loads that make 131 PF in pistols (admittedly probably hotter out of a 16" barrel, but less than what a proper defense load makes). I would expect that trait to be magnified in the miniature version. It also did not feel easy to "drive" the gun around at speed. That part could be my lack of experience running carbines, and might be lessened in the shorter version, so YMMV, but I still think it would be advisable to try before you buy, preferably in a scenario with movement and multiple targets to transition between.

You guys are reading my mind. So what is the best factory solution to the .300 BLK braced pistol without price as a consideration? I’m no armorer and building or even heavy tinkering is not my thing. My current solution is a braced Zenith Z5K that runs great and is a pleasure to shoot. I was considering upgrading to a Navy lower to get a more ergonomic safety but the excuse to buy a new urban apocalypse LARP toy is calling.

Name:  5C26B925-56FE-438D-A1B4-50E928CCFCC2.jpg
Views: 1367
Size:  30.2 KB

Name:  99959F35-7E08-4930-9A6A-34E3761F4A30.jpg
Views: 1419
Size:  52.2 KB

The DD looks pretty good but availability online is hard to define. The Q options looks like a long wait or maybe unobtainium. Are the MCX versions reliable yet?

I haven’t waded into the revolution in suppressors over the past decade so maybe this is the time to work locally with Hanshlon Brothers on the whole package? Are the benefits of the .300 blk reduced if your not running a can?

So I guess I’m wondering if there a go to recommendation for a total package, braced pistol and can?

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post

I haven’t waded into the revolution in suppressors over the past decade so maybe this is the time to work locally with Hanshlon Brothers on the whole package? Are the benefits of the .300 blk reduced if your not running a can?
    I can say with absolute certainty you should call up Hansohn Brothers and chat with them about a suppressor. They are top notch. I have two cans in ATF jail through them.

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    So what is the best factory solution to the .300 BLK braced pistol without price as a consideration?
    The Honey Badger or Sugar Weasel by Q, absolutely.

As for unobtainable, dude, call Hansohn Brothers right now. He had one on the wall last week. Now is the time.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The Honey Badger or Sugar Weasel by Q, absolutely.

As for unobtainable, dude, call Hansohn Brothers right now. He had one on the wall last week. Now is the time.
    The only caveat I would mention about the Honey Badger is that the cheek weld may be less than optimal depending on how your build. I know some people have voiced complaints about the cheek weld.

Personally I'd build my own.

I have to admit, I have been throwing this in my KIA when going out in the past week. This and a 60 round Surefire mag, a little on the heavy side for the size but it beets nothing more than a G19.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

I just sold my Honey Badger because of these reasons, I despised how the stock felt on my face when shooting, it seems a little hincky to quickly unlock it, it was unpleasant to shoot and seemed to shoot like an itty bitty gun while only being slightly smaller than a more conventional eight inch .300, and disassembly was ridiculous with the fight to get the spring back in place.

I have AAC and BCM eight inch .300 BLK pistols and they are all fine. I have been thinking about a KAC SR-30 when they come back into stock.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List