Page 184 of 206 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2052

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Neat gat - I like the grey color.

Strange that they'd mill off the forward assist provision and fill it in. I'd think it would be more inexpensive to just source slick-side AR uppers.
    But if that model is new for August of this year, that might just be a 'this is what we had available' sort of accommodation, and it'll just be a curiosity in the future, like the old Chinese MAK-90's that came in with thumbhole stocks but rear trunnions set up for an underfolding stock.
    Thanks! I’m not real sure why the forward assist location is made like that. I’m glad it doesn’t have a fake one for looks, though.

Here are the specs for anyone that’s interested (carbon fiber wrapped barrel, etc...)

https://christensenarms.com/ca9mmpistol/
    Last edited by NothingBurger; 09-11-2020 at 12:43 PM.

Question Close to the same setup...question?

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Split off from a comment I made in the Long Gun photo thread HERE.

I've never really considered having a "truck gun", or put much thought into having a rifle "along for the ride" outside of the house. The thought has crossed my mind to take a long gun when we go venturing by vehicle into the remote(ish) areas of our local national forest, but I've not cared for the thought of throwing a 16" AR in the back of the 4Runner for whatever reason.

That being said, the current climate inspired a spontaneous purchase of a DDM4 PDW for just that reason. It's likely totally unnecessary, but since buying it, I've actually taken to the overall concept of a PDW. It's definitely a different tool in the tool box.

Anyway, any other PDW or similar users? General discussion of the concept welcome.

The camera on my iPhone took a dump after five years, so I'm at the mercy of friends and their camera phones. This is all I have at the moment.

DDM4 PDW
    Aimpoint T2 in Larue LT751
    Q Cherry Bomb muzzle device
    SiCo Omega + Q Plan B

Still working out what I want to do about a light, as I'll likely just start using this for HD due to compact size.

I have the same DDM4 PDW and Q Cherry Bomb muzzle device as I recently picked up the Q Trash Panda. One question:

The gunsmith at the dealer I bought it from said it needs an adapter to mount the Cherry Bomb to the barrel since it’s tapered. In looking at the installation instructions, it doesn’t appear that he is correct. Can you please confirm that you didn’t need and adapter to install?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Richison View Post
    I have the same DDM4 PDW and Q Cherry Bomb muzzle device as I recently picked up the Q Trash Panda. One question:

The gunsmith at the dealer I bought it from said it needs an adapter to mount the Cherry Bomb to the barrel since it’s tapered. In looking at the installation instructions, it doesn’t appear that he is correct. Can you please confirm that you didn’t need and adapter to install?

TIA
    Q recommends a minimum .735 barrel diameter for 90 degree barrel shoulder installation of the 5/8-24 Cherry Bomb. The DD barrel is .700 (by my measurement), so technically the gunsmith is correct. I went for it anyway. Installed fine for me, no ill affects. It goes without saying that this was my choice, and in no way am I suggesting you forgo the installation recommendations or instructions per Q.

A link to the Q barrel shoulder recommendations, on their website....

https://www.liveqordie.com/wp-conten...ULDER-ASSY.pdf
    Last edited by StraitR; 09-16-2020 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Q recommends a minimum .735 barrel diameter for 90 degree barrel should installation of the 5/8-24 Cherry Bomb. The DD barrel is .700 (by my measurement), so technically the gunsmith is correct. I went for it anyway. Installed fine for me, no ill affects. It goes without saying that this was my choice, and in no way am I suggesting you forgo the installation recommendations or instructions per Q.

A link to the Q barrel shoulder recommendations, on their website....

https://www.liveqordie.com/wp-conten...ULDER-ASSY.pdf
    That’s what I was afraid of. Thanks for the quick reply! I hate it when the gunsmith is right!

Hope this helps others as well since I was searching all over for an answer.

I’m currently building an AR pistol for a PDW/bag gun in .300 BO.

What’s the hives’s collective opinion as to a maximum barrel length?

No suppressor, probably just an A2 flash hider.

Site Supporter
    I have a 9” BCM with a Law folder, it just fits in my ~27 liter pack/lap top bag without looking like it’s being stretched. This is an average North Face pack as opposed to a more purpose built one like a Vertx, etc.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    I’m currently building an AR pistol for a PDW/bag gun in .300 BO.

What’s the hives’s collective opinion as to a maximum barrel length?

No suppressor, probably just an A2 flash hider.
    Maximum will depend on the bag you intend to carry it in.

In my case, the decision was made by the handguard and MD. I went with an MCMR 7-inch. Originally ordered a 7.5-inch barrel, but when I mocked up the parts to check clearances, the MD had sufficient conflict with the handguard that it couldn't be resolved with acceptable elegance by trimming the handguard. Bought an 8-inch barrel, and all is good. (PM me if you decide you want a deal on a 7.5-inch barrel...)

Some people are using the cup type devices rather than anything described in writing by its manufacturer as having anything at all to do with flash. These are often a little bigger than a flash hider. Worth considering in your planning.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Really wish DD was just selling the bare DDM4 PDW upper only, unless i'm missing something proprietary that the complete gun has. Same with the honey badger barrel and rail. Why isn't a readily available upper for sale?

https://www.liveqordie.com/products/...rrel-assembly/
    https://www.liveqordie.com/products/...ger-handguard/

I see little reason to buy a complete Q Sugar weasel when I have an available high quality stripped lower, colt LPK, etc.

When this CV19 stuff is over and I can actually get 300blk, I'll probably buy a Honey Badger barrel, rail, etc and send it off to a builder. It will get slapped on a standard lower with a LAW folder (both of which I already have).

If in hotel mode it will get the Omega 300 attached.

Anyone experimented with the 7.5" PWS 7.62x39? I don't care about subsonic for a PDW -- at this time...
    Last edited by SLUZENE; 09-23-2020 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUZENE View Post
    Really wish DD was just selling the bare DDM4 PDW upper only, unless i'm missing something proprietary that the complete gun has. Same with the honey badger barrel and rail. Why isn't a readily available upper for sale?

https://www.liveqordie.com/products/...rrel-assembly/
    https://www.liveqordie.com/products/...ger-handguard/

I see little reason to buy a complete Q Sugar weasel when I have an available high quality stripped lower, colt LPK, etc.

When this CV19 stuff is over and I can actually get 300blk, I'll probably buy a Honey Badger barrel, rail, etc and send it off to a builder. It will get slapped on a standard lower with a LAW folder (both of which I already have).

If in hotel mode it will get the Omega 300 attached.

Anyone experimented with the 7.5" PWS 7.62x39? I don't care about subsonic for a PDW -- at this time...
    I have one, havent shot it in forever.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUZENE View Post
    s. Same with the honey badger barrel and rail. Why isn't a readily available upper for sale?

Q plans to sell complete uppers eventually.

Currently they're backordered over a year for both the HB and SW. Every available upper receiver is going on a complete rifle/pistol.

User Tag List