Page 199 of 206 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2052

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    That would be interesting and it got me to wonder about something: 300 BLK ballistics.

I often hear the 300 BLK compared to the 7.62x39, but when it is being shot out of a real short PDW like barrel like the Rattler, don't we basically have 110gr bullets right around 2000fps, if not a little less?
    If so, we then have a 110gr, 30 cal. bullet going at or near mach2, and that's .30 carbine ballistics, isn't it?

I remember Jim Cirillo saying that the .30 carbine was extremely effective in his shootings and the modern 110gr 300 BLK bullets should be much more effective.

So depending on barrel length, we have a round that can act like anything between 7.62x39 and .30 Carbine? If so, that makes the caliber that much more interesting, to me at least.
    This may have been mentioned somewhere is this long thread, I'm still working my way through it, but the Stakeout Squad used cut down M1 Carbines as well as shotguns.

Mentioned short OAL mattered for some of their Stakeout Hide positions, Rhett's Cheek weld stuff strongly reminds me of several things mentioned in the Cirillo books.

Both Cirillo's book and Paul Kirchner's book on Cirillo very worth reading and taking notes/lessons from.

Also one of the few sources of incidences that required more than 1 or 2 solid hits from 12 gauge to end fight.

They also mention chronographing cutdown shotguns.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Well, this is interesting. Maybe I'm late to the party, but I didn't notice these earlier.

BROWNELLS - BRN-180™ STRIPPED LOWER RECEIVER FORGED

Integrated PIC mount for a folding buttstock in the lower forging. No need for an adaptor or LAW folder.
    I am neck-deep in other projects, but once I work my way back down to hip-deep, I am super interested in a BRN-180 with an ACR brace or stock (depending on the legal environment) topped with a shorty 300 BLK upper.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dov View Post
    This may have been mentioned somewhere is this long thread, I'm still working my way through it, but the Stakeout Squad used cut down M1 Carbines as well as shotguns.

Mentioned short OAL mattered for some of their Stakeout Hide positions, Rhett's Cheek weld stuff strongly reminds me of several things mentioned in the Cirillo books.

Both Cirillo's book and Paul Kirchner's book on Cirillo very worth reading and taking notes/lessons from.

Also one of the few sources of incidences that required more than 1 or 2 solid hits from 12 gauge to end fight.

They also mention chronographing cutdown shotguns.
    I remember reading Tales from the Stakeout Squad by Kirchner (along with his fantastic 'deadliest men' series which is beyond entertaining.)

From what I remember, Cirillo was handloading JHP's in .30 carbine, and found that combo to be the most instantaneously effective of any of the weapons used in the stakeout squad, beating out 12 gauge and .223.

Which I have no trouble believing, given how nasty .30C JSP's look; a JHP load would be even more explosively expansive, especially a vintage 'cup n core' non-bonded JHP like they were using then, fired at Candy Shop distances.

Site Supporter
    Does anyone here have experience or info on the PPU .300 BLK 110 grain TXRG all copper HP load ?

Is this a viable alternative to the Barnes ?

https://www.sgammo.com/product/300-a...llot-exergy-am

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    No experience with that product.

Based on the color, those bullets look to be closer to 10% zinc than 5%, which would make them technically a brass. Which, if someone was being particularly picky, might cause them to fall under the Federal definition of "armor piercing" if they were intended to be used in a pistol.

Barnes bullets are pure copper.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

https://aimsurplus.com/foxtrot-mike-...-56-ar-pistol/
    I’m curious how well one of these plus a fs1913 brace would work out. Especially since I’ve heard the Brn 180 had had some teething issues. Plus I like the charging handle on this one a bit better.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Does anyone here have experience or info on the PPU .300 BLK 110 grain TXRG all copper HP load ?

Is this a viable alternative to the Barnes ?

https://www.sgammo.com/product/300-a...llot-exergy-am
    https://www.sellier-bellot.cz/en/pro...ts/detail/617/

Converted to Freedom Units, it looks like that 2215fps is from a 16" barrel. At least IIRC the threshold everyone wanted from 110gr Barnes was 2300fps from a ~8" barrel in order to get Rifle Ballistics (tm).

So that might be a problem?

So, on youtube today, and The Algorithm suggested this video to me.

An interesting looks at the 'Urban' take on PDW selection, carry, and employment.

Whats funny is here I am worrying about my j-frame printing, and this guy is pulling off a shockingly well concealed AIWB Draco.

Last edited by spyderco monkey; 11-17-2021 at 03:55 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    So, on youtube today, and The Algorithm suggested this video to me.

An interesting looks at the 'Urban' take on PDW selection, carry, and employment.

Whats funny is here I am worrying about my j-frame printing, and this guy is pulling off a shockingly well concealed AIWB Draco.

Kept his finger off the trigger, emphasized getting training on your weapon, admonished audience to be aware of what's behind their target. I've seen worse.

One can apparently conceal quite a bit when one is build like a fence rail. Losing weight really is the best concealment mod. Sitting is probably awkward, though.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post

Greeter, as that guy leaves: "I didn't know we sell Dracos."
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List