Page 53 of 206 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Several of those criteria really seem to favor things like the Uzi Pro and TP9 in those regards. In theory you can deploy either of them with a single hand or even push them out into a two-hand pistol-style hold and fire. Actually, they may even favor something like the USW even more.

There are several tailhook brace options for the USW chassis - if someone already has a Glock of 320 that might be a very viable option - or the FLUX Defense brace - https://www.fluxdefense.com/
    And just so we're clear I'm not saying any of those SHOULD be the criteria, but it's the process that's important.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Several of those criteria really seem to favor things like the Uzi Pro and TP9 in those regards. In theory you can deploy either of them with a single hand or even push them out into a two-hand pistol-style hold and fire.
    I was talking to another member this evening about the APC and the above being the reason I am interested in a TP9. I like the idea very much of single hand deployment. Small light weight, something that balances well and can sport a red dot but with a brace or stock to make it more effective or shootable. Having something I can carry off body that's bigger than than the G48/43X but I can easily store and transfer discretely from daddy diaper bag to console while driving or the under seat vault in back would be tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    I was talking to another member this evening about the APC and the above being the reason I am interested in a TP9. I like the idea very much of single hand deployment. Small light weight, something that balances well and can sport a red dot but with a brace or stock to make it more effective or shootable. Having something I can carry off body that's bigger than than the G48/43X but I can easily store and transfer discretely from daddy diaper bag to console while driving or the under seat vault in back would be tops.
    For me, the unknown of the TP9 is how it shoots. If it doesn’t shoot quite a bit better than my pistol, the juice isn’t worth the squeeze. The APC9 Pro is a very good shooter and enough smaller than a .300 BLK, it fits a niche for me. If the TP9 shoots nearly as well as the APC, but carries commensurate with its listed specifications, it will become part of the EDC gear.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

@GJM this is exactly my line of thinking. Also we need a thread on drills to wring these little guys out to figure where they are most useful and how much more they are useful than say a pistol with RDS. This is all really new for me. So is the current exploration of the RDS on the G43x and a 48. It will be interesting to see where these all fit for me with something like the TP9/APC9.

I watched a couple of videos about the new US Army Sub-Compact Weapon (SCW) which is a full auto APC9k Pro with the collapsible stock. It sure looks like it could easily fit into a messenger bag or normal sized Jansport style backpack. Quick to deploy since it can fire with the stock collapsed and appeared to be very controllable when firing bursts on full auto. Watching those videos really reminded me why I hate the Hughes Amendment.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I watched a couple of videos about the new US Army Sub-Compact Weapon (SCW) which is a full auto APC9k Pro with the collapsible stock. It sure looks like it could easily fit into a messenger bag or normal sized Jansport style backpack. Quick to deploy since it can fire with the stock collapsed and appeared to be very controllable when firing bursts on full auto. Watching those videos really reminded me why I hate the Hughes Amendment.
    Agreed, just wish it weighed what the TP9 does. Get the APC9 or K, you won't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    So I think that's REALLY the way to work through this process is to first see what you want to do with this weapon

I think these are all useful questions to ask yourself.
    Agreed! What are the realist.threats. in what environments. Obviously this could be a very long conversation.

I don't view this weapon as an immediate response choice to an attack / ambush. My pistol is for those situations. This weapon becomes my primary when based on observations and the environment the need is identified. Deploying without compromising yourself is best.

Based on the threats and environments of my situation, I need a rifle round in a compact weapon. The weight of the Rattler is just something I must accept.

JW

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Agreed, just wish it weighed what the TP9 does. Get the APC9 or K, you won't regret it.
    I’m not quite at “shut up and take my money” yet but you guys aren’t exactly helping me be responsible with my money.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Nothing wrong with weighing options there are lots of them.

For my needs, where hard cover abounds in the form of buildings, cars, etc. I need concealment and the ability to rapidly deploy. I’ve seen flash mobs in action a few times now and I don’t think I would have a chance to assemble anything. Anything not readily on or very near my person is highly unlikely to be deployed, because logistically it’s far too difficult.

I view a weapon that can be used inside a building, vehicle, concealed easily on the move in street clothes, as fulfilling my needs. A TP9 would probably carry and conceal easier, but I concur with George it should be appreciably better than my pistol.

User Tag List