Page 38 of 206 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    ETA: I originally wrote rotating bolt. It's a rotating barrel.

It's basically a big PX4 with AR15 manual of arms, squeezed inside a polymer Uzi.
    Wonder if it is softer shooting than the APC9 Pro?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    @El Cid I bought mine from PSA with Glock lower for 2350 ish, everything was perfect minus the freaking KCI 33 round mag it came with.
    I also bought my APC9 Pro as a Glock model.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

@GJM what optic and zero distance did you settle on? 50y T-1/2? I want to put a ACRO on it to keep things as small as possible but the lack of battery life kills it for me. Do you have any experience with the Aimpoint NANO? Does anyone know if the jet funnel for the magazine well works with the Glock lower?

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    It's basically a big PX4 with AR15 manual of arms, squeezed inside a polymer Uzi.
    Man, when you describe it that way, it sounds like the worst set of ideas in gun-history put together...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    @GJM what optic and zero distance did you settle on? 50y T-1/2? I want to put a ACRO on it to keep things as small as possible but the lack of battery life kills it for me. Do you have any experience with the Aimpoint NANO? Does anyone know if the jet funnel for the magazine well works with the Glock lower?
    I put a T2 in an ADM low mount on my Pro. I zero shotguns and PCCs at 25 yards, and did that with this one.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

If anyone is still feeling confused and doesn't want to spend as much:

"Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchMan View Post
    10 pages of talk about ballistics and still no love for the bull pup. You can have your cake and eat it too, as long as you like your cake expensive, heavy, and with a bad trigger.

But seriously, 16” ballistics, 26” OAL. deserves consideration, no?
    Just wondering...is a 16" AUG or Tavor any easier on the ears than a 10.5-12" 5.56?

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Just wondering...is a 16" AUG or Tavor any easier on the ears than a 10.5-12" 5.56?
    I'd say definitely yes. Especially in any sort of confined environment. Unsuppressed SBRs make a heavy concussion that I don't notice with a full-length carbine or bullpup.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

What are the major differences between the GHM and APC? They use the same lowers and magazines so the differences are in the upper. The GHM also has some kind of hydraulic spring system to lessen recoil. The one in the TFB video had a reciprocating charging handle but it appears to be an earlier gun. Do the Gen2 GHM guns have non-reciprocating charging handles? What is $700-800 better about the APC line?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pit View Post
    The Rattler does feel extremely small. However for the limited roles this weapon was designed for it's a good fit. I carry mine in what I consider a discreet bag. While this limits the speed the weapon can be deployed, by staying aware of your environment, processing, problem solving and adapting a planned response makes it practical. Dry practice and mentally running "What if" scenarios in your mind.
    I have an irrational desire to own one of the MCXs. Even with SIGs fleas, constant model changes, and no legitimate purpose in my defensive reality. I just want one with all of the Gucci suppressor stuff tricked out and photogenic for reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    I had a 16” Tavor that seemed way less blasty than my present 10.5” pistol.

I took a carbine class with the Tavor and the Tactical Timmy with the 20” high dollar custom AR who shot to my left was bitching about my muzzle blast. It was karma as his muzzle brake was flash banging people two positions on either side of him. For some odd reason it wasn’t bothering me.

User Tag List