Page 37 of 206 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    B&T has a version with a factory pic rail that is lower profile than the Smith add-on: https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/products/b-t-tp9-fde

Smith MFG, in addition to their aftermarket rail, also has a 45% AFG made to replace the grip module, and it's legal for pistols. They also have it for the APC9. @DanM

Dan, Clobbersaurus, and @GJM.....

....are we about to all buy TP9s at the same time? Is this happening?
    Hey mods, how do I put this whole thread on ignore?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

B&T has a version with a factory pic rail that is lower profile than the Smith add-on: https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/products/b-t-tp9-fde

Smith MFG, in addition to their aftermarket rail, also has a 45% AFG made to replace the grip module, and it's legal for pistols. They also have it for the APC9. @DanM

Dan, Clobbersaurus, and @GJM.....

Get thee behind me satan!

This thing would mostly be a toy for me and I’m having a hard time getting past the APC9 looking way cooler than the TP9. Multiple people saying that the TP9 is the best PDW they’ve ever shot is confusing me. I’m questioning things.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Hey mods, how do I put this whole thread on ignore?
    Seriously.

Especially when I started pricing it all out.

The TP9 just gets waaaayyyy expensive.......not to mention the brace adapter I want (the collapsing tailhook) is sold out everywhere, and costs $400 on its own. Without the tailhook.

The way I'm picturing setting it up is with the collapsing tailhook, AFG, a pistol RDS (take your pick, Leupold, Steiner, Trijicon), and a Streamlight TLR RM1 mounting on top of the rail in front of the RDS, with the tape switch running down the side (secured partially underneath the side pic rail) to the 45* AFG.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Get thee behind me satan!

This thing would mostly be a toy for me and I’m having a hard time getting past the APC9 looking way cooler than the TP9. Multiple people saying that the TP9 is the best PDW they’ve ever shot is confusing me. I’m questioning things.
    So the APC9 Pro is, as I understand it, blowback with a buffer to soften recoil, but the TP9-N uses a different system?

Seriously.

Especially when I started pricing it all out.

The TP9 just gets waaaayyyy expensive.......not to mention the brace adapter I want (the collapsing tailhook) is sold out everywhere, and costs $400 on its own. Without the tailhook.

The way I'm picturing setting it up is with the collapsing tailhook, AFG, a pistol RDS (take your pick, Leupold, Steiner, Trijicon), and a Streamlight TLR RM1 mounting on top of the rail in front of the RDS, with the tape switch running down the side (secured partially underneath the side pic rail) to the 45* AFG.
    Tell me about it. I just searched the internet until I found a Tail Hook mod 1 showing in stock at Dakota Tactical. I bought one but there may be more in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchMan View Post
    10 pages of talk about ballistics and still no love for the bull pup. You can have your cake and eat it too, as long as you like your cake expensive, heavy, and with a bad trigger.

But seriously, 16” ballistics, 26” OAL. deserves consideration, no?
    I concur with @DanM. I absolutely LOVE my AUG! But it's in no way a PDW class of weapon in my mind. I'm still bummed the DB class for the rifle got canceled/post-poned. Maybe some day...
    Also, while the AUG is about as short as most AR SBR's.... it will not fit in this little 14L bag, but my APC9 PRO will.
    https://lbtinc.com/collections/packs...16049584308267

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    If one doesn’t have a stack of Glock magazines at home - is there a compelling reason to opt for the Glock mag lower over the B&T mag lower?

For a $2500 gun, I’m kind of ASSuming cost of magazines isn’t a big deal overall.
    I was thinking more about your question. Cost per mag can be a big deal if you stockpile like I try to. I view mags as a consumable item. The springs wear out, they get dropped on hard surfaces, etc. And the ding dongs in the state and national legislatures are often trying to ban them. That said... for a shooter who is not invested in Glock mags, the original APC mags might be the better choice. Unless they have changed it, the B&T Glock lower is only sold as a separate unit. You can't to my knowledge buy an APC9 PRO with the Glock lower. You have to buy the APC9, and spend $425 or so on the Glock lower. For that amount of money, you could by 9 APC mags ($46 each), and while they are more expensive than Glock mags, they are less than HK mags. I say all that to say if I was not a Glock shooter, I'd have stuck with the original APC mags and lower.
    http://tarheelstatefirearms.com/stor...product_id=381

I'm not ready to buy... but it's on the list now. I'll wait for @GJM to buy 7 of them. If he can't break them I'll get one. lol!

ETA: Just saw this! Pretty slick. I wish it came in other colors, but if you hang a DSLR around your neck nobody would think there's a TP9 inside.
    http://tarheelstatefirearms.com/stor...product_id=501

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    So the APC9 Pro is, as I understand it, blowback with a buffer to soften recoil, but the TP9-N uses a different system?
    Yup, rotating bolt.

That's why it has the cool looking oversized shroud/sleeve at the front for mounting suppressors.

Yup, rotating barrel.

That's why it has the cool looking oversized shroud/sleeve at the front for mounting suppressors.
    ETA: I originally wrote rotating bolt. It's a rotating barrel.

It's basically a big PX4 with AR15 manual of arms, squeezed inside a polymer Uzi.

There are also two versions of the TP9 available. There’s the one with a cross bolt safety and the bottom picatinny rail. Then there’s the newer version with the rotating safety switch that has a hole for mounting a VFG after you get your Form 1 approved. This is the version that most closely resembles the MP9 configuration. B&T is complicated.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

@El Cid I bought mine from PSA with Glock lower for 2350 ish, everything was perfect minus the freaking KCI 33 round mag it came with. Just waiting on the stamp now.

Attachment 51188
    Last edited by Mike C; 04-03-2020 at 08:53 AM.

User Tag List