Page 137 of 206 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 2052

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

I just picked up an APC9K the other day, only 50 rounds so far but aI am in love.

All this Rattler talk has me eyeing some kind of little .300 BLK gun instead of one of the pistol caliber guns we’ve spent so much time talking about. I’m loathe to add another caliber, having consolidated to 9mm, .38/.357, .223/5.56, and 12ga, since the ammo is expensive and I have no interest in reloading. The rumored upcoming Russian import .300 BLK ammo has me reconsidering, especially if it starts coming in at close to 7.62x39 prices. I continue eagerly awaiting reading a out everyone’s Rattler, or similar, experiences. The PSA JAKL looks interesting, assuming it actually works. I’ve been hearing good things about their latest generation of AKs, so who knows?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Cause for divorce

Self enabled and cause for divorce. If I keep adopting small guns my wife is going to kill me or divorce me, I'm not sure which yet. The Rattler is freaking small and you just don't get it until you put your hands on it. It also feels lighter than the APC. My only real gripes are the brace likes to twirl around which I'm not crazy about and the threading on the barrel is not compatible with my 5/8x24 thread pitched FH from rugged. So yay for proprietary thread pitches. No suppression for me until I figure out how to fix that. Fucking Sig. If it doesn't work I will be on the Sig hate train for ever.

Just finished pulling the optic off the APC to move over to the Rattler to see how it runs a bit. Hopefully the Sig is reliable, if so I'll keep it and send the APC down the road.

Attachment 53262

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Self enabled and cause for divorce. If I keep adopting small guns my wife is going to kill me or divorce me, I'm not sure which yet. The Rattler is freaking small and you just don't get it until you put your hands on it. It also feels lighter than the APC. My only real gripes are the brace likes to twirl around which I'm not crazy about and the threading on the barrel is not compatible with my 5/8x24 thread pitched FH from rugged. So yay for proprietary thread pitches. No suppression for me until I figure out how to fix that. Fucking Sig. If it doesn't work I will be on the Sig hate train for ever.

Just finished pulling the optic off the APC to move over to the Rattler to see how it runs a bit. Hopefully the Sig is reliable, if so I'll keep it and send the APC down the road.

Attachment 53262
    The title is perfect . I look forward to hearing your thoughts on shooting it in the shooting thread. I find that tightening the plastic “nut” on the back of the brace helps a bit. The sig brace isn’t bad for shooting. I have an adaptor to fit the tail hook, now if I can find a tail hook for sale. I’m curious how much it will affect the folding.

I guess its a good thing all of the Sig LE/Mil dealers are out of stock, or else I would be having marital issues as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    I guess its a good thing all of the Sig LE/Mil dealers are out of stock, or else I would be having marital issues as well.
    I
    Hate
    This
    Thread

Agree on the Rattler... Decided to test the waters with a $300 PSA upper. That was easy, but the $800 worth of ammo hurt for a second though.

I’m still on the “Screw Sig” train, and I’m too broke to buy a Rattler even if I wasn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, the barrel of the Rattler is threaded 5/8x24, but with a taper after the threads. I assume you are referring to the taper (which isn't "propietary" as Q uses the same taper on all of their guns -- as does Sig & HK on some of theirs) and not the threads. However, the Rattler comes with a 90° shoulder adapter in the box so you should be able to us any standard 5/8x24 muzzle device.
    I found the adapter right away, that is what prompted the trial of the flash hider I had laying around. It was a flash hider I had ordered from rugged which was supposed to be 5/8x24 but it could be the incorrect thread pitch. Anyone can make a mistake but I don't presently have anything else to test it against. If the Sig is threaded for 5/8x24 I'll eat some crow no problem and retract my statement. So far I am seriously digging the Rattler though. In just working dry transitions, mounting and dismounting the gun my opinion is that it's a home run so long as it runs for me, I've got shit for luck. I will get to a shop tomorrow and find another FH in 5/8x24 and find out if I just received the incorrect FH. I really hope it's the case. Thanks @Tom_Jones for bringing this up. I honestly didn't even think about it being the wrong pitch and haven't taken the time to do adequate research. That alone makes me want to put my foot in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    I’m still on the “Screw Sig” train, and I’m too broke to buy a Rattler even if I wasn’t.
    I'm on that train too. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any other option on the market.

@Tom_Jones, you are absolutely correct everything I am finding says 5/8x24. That'll teach me to spout off and now it is likely I ordered the wrong FH or got sent the wrong one. Could've sworn I ordered 5/8x24. Anyways I don't think I've ever been this happy to be wrong, I hope I can find a FH for the Rugged can tomorrow with correct the TP.

User Tag List