Page 201 of 206 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2052

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

We'll see if this ever goes anywhere, but it sure would be nifty for it to become a viable option to buy (in terms of availability, both the gun and ammo, I know about the terminal ballistics):
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CZkOxn7pOgJ

Semi-auto MP7 by TommyBuilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    We'll see if this ever goes anywhere, but it sure would be nifty for it to become a viable option to buy (in terms of availability, both the gun and ammo, I know about the terminal ballistics):
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CZkOxn7pOgJ

Semi-auto MP7 by TommyBuilt.
    You need a post-sample MP7 to turn into a parts kit. Post-sample MP7's are well into 5 digits last I checked.

The only way something like that would ever be halfway affordable would be for HK to start making an semi-auto pistol version ("SP7"?) Otherwise, I think the HK weebs are going to be out of luck.

Site Supporter
    A buddy of mine posted this on FB the other day, and I thought it was relevant to this thread and the last few posts. Yes, it's full auto, and I believe it's owned by GBRS Group.

Name:  FB_IMG_1650344261944.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  45.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 757_Magnum View Post
    A buddy of mine posted this on FB the other day, and I thought it was relevant to this thread and the last few posts. Yes, it's full auto, and I believe it's owned by GBRS Group.

Holy offset Batman!!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Holy offset Batman!!
    It lets the shooter always have the high ground and provides better line of sight.

Seriously, I'm a big fan of the Unity riser, and it feels like something I've been missing all these years. While this does look ridiculously tall in comparison, I don't know what I don't know, and my experience with IR lasers can be measured in minutes. Having taken a class with these guys and seeing them shoot, I'm guessing that there's been some thought and experience into the design. Maybe it's like how Aaron Cowan described prioritizing primary sighting systems by omitting irons from his rifles. It might be for a dedicated NV rig where IR is primary, and the optic is the backup.

That would be the ultimate "cheek gun". I bet Rhett Neumayer could probably think up a bunch of creative and useful applications with that beauty.

Site Supporter
    Seriously, I'm a big fan of the Unity riser, and it feels like something I've been missing all these years. While this does look ridiculously tall in comparison, I don't know what I don't know, and my experience with IR lasers can be measured in minutes. Having taken a class with these guys and seeing them shoot, I'm guessing that there's been some thought and experience into the design. Maybe it's like how Aaron Cowan described prioritizing primary sighting systems by omitting irons from his rifles. It might be for a dedicated NV rig where IR is primary, and the optic is the backup.
    The idea is to get the laser out of the way so that you can get a more normal grip on very short carbines/PDWs. The alternative is usually to compromise the laser/illuminator position or to compromise your control over the gun by moving your hand further rearward on the handguard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    The idea is to get the laser out of the way so that you can get a more normal grip on very short carbines/PDWs. The alternative is usually to compromise the laser/illuminator position or to compromise your control over the gun by moving your hand further rearward on the handguard.
    I remember reading that another benefit is that since the laser is now mounted to the upper on an AR/MCX, handguard flex is no longer an issue.

It lets the shooter always have the high ground and provides better line of sight.

I mean... I have a Unity Riser for my UH-1, and I have their Aimpoint T-2 mount. But I got them to experiment with my nods. This thing on the MP7 looks like it's even taller which I don't understand. I hear shooters claim how much better the "heads up" position is for shooting, but most are simply parroting what they hear on IG or Youtube. I'm still of the opinion that a lower 1/3 cowitness is a great compromise of body/head position and height over bore.

This new one though looks to be unnecessarily tall to me. I found two photos here on an AR. I don't understand why the laser needs to be so high off the weapon. There is room to mount another PEQ or something under it. It actually looks like something off a crew served weapon or helo minigun. Maybe I'd change my mind if I got to try one out in person. But from what I have seen thus far I think it's pretty ridiculous. And despite the same insightful comment, this is not my reddit. lol!

https://www.reddit.com/r/tacticalgea...nd_laser_beam/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I don't understand why the laser needs to be so high off the weapon.
    I think they want to be able to run the tape switch at 12 o'clock and avoid illuminator splash off of that thumb used to activate the laser/illuminator. I get it for very short guns, but it makes less sense once you get to a 10.5 gun where you have at least a 9 inch rail.

User Tag List