Page 99 of 206 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    7.5" 300BLK barrel ordered.

I hate you all.
    What did you end up with? I may not be far behind you...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Currently trying to work out at trade of 2 PX4CC's for a DD MK18 pistol, probably not going to happen but it doesn't hurt to try. So as I researching the MK18 its overall length is 28 5/8" which leads me to the IWI site looking at the X95. It's 26.125" Obviously there's no way to put a folding brace on it but I got me thinking if the X95 would be a candidate for a PDW?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by bigslim View Post
    Currently trying to work out at trade of 2 PX4CC's for a DD MK18 pistol, probably not going to happen but it doesn't hurt to try. So as I researching the MK18 its overall length is 28 5/8" which leads me to the IWI site looking at the X95. It's 26.125" Obviously there's no way to put a folding brace on it but I got me thinking if the X95 would be a candidate for a PDW?

Mike
    I posted earlier in this thread that mine is 26.5. It’s not factory but the receiver extension is longer than normal so I’d expect MK18s to be closer to 25.5-26. Obviously MD would play a huge role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bigslim View Post

Mike
    That's a fairly large bag you're going to need to pack it.

The Mk18 isn't really a PDW.

A Mk18 with a LAW folder barely fits into the working definition that many of us have agreed upon in the thread....and that's 5" shorter than the X95 you're looking at.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The TAC-14s etc don’t become AOWs if you conceal them. Legally they are “other firearms” under U.S. federal law by virtue of 1) not having a stock, meaning they aren’t “shotguns” SBS or otherwise, and 2) not “concealable” by ATF definition since they are over 26” which, as you said in your other post is “the magic number” at which ATF delineates “concealable.” AOWs by definition are “concealable” but in legal speak that means 26” or less OAL not the normal definition.

State and local definitions may vary...
    I agree, regarding the federal law part. I believe that those who caution against concealing the Tac-13/14-ish “Other” firearms are the over-thinkers. (I am not a lawyer.)

If the worriers were correct, regarding the Tac-13/14/Shock-wave-ish weapons, then, it would seem, it would be a federal offense to wear an 18” shotgun or 16” rifle concealed, too.

Nothing in Texas law seems to worry itself about concealability, of such non-handgun weapons, one way or the other. (Again, I am not a lawyer, but it was my business to enforce the Texas Penal Code, for 33+ years, so having a “working knowledge” of Texas criminal laws.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If I wanted to fire one round, and make it decisive, it would be 12 gauge buck or a slug.

If I wanted to fire a handful of rounds, it may or may not be with a shotgun.

If I wanted to fire an unknown number of rounds at an unknown distance, it would not be with a shotgun.
    Well-stated.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    That's a fairly large bag you're going to need to pack it.

The Mk18 isn't really a PDW.

A Mk18 with a LAW folder barely fits into the working definition that many of us have agreed upon in the thread....and that's 5" shorter than the X95 you're looking at.
    Thanks for the input, that's what I get for not following these marathon threads from the beginning. Ill start at page one and see yall in a week or so.

Mike

How many pages ago did we decide that I’m a dirty poor for using a Scorpion Evo and when is Kevin delivering my LAW folder for my .300BO?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    I get it, I'm just not sold on shoulder-sized weapon with pistol-sized rounds. If I'm taking the size penalty, I want the performance advantage. If it's BARELY bigger than a pistol, that's one thing. But if it's getting into compact rifle territory, no, I want a compact long gun.

I did contact a CAD-skilled machinist friend in the industry up here just to see about doing a modular Glock shoulder brace yesterday. In retrospect the swiveling under-folder concept was dumb so by the time I talked to him I'd obviously changed the sketch to a simple side-folder.

Again not particularly applicable in the US but if I am going to have something that lobs pistol rounds, all I want is something very slightly bigger than a pistol.
    https://www.recovertactical.com/prod...arex-cybergun/

I preordered one of these... it left Israel on the 31st & will get here eventually I suppose.
    Last edited by jandbj; 04-14-2020 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    How many pages ago did we decide that I’m a dirty poor for using a Scorpion Evo and when is Kevin delivering my LAW folder for my .300BO?
    I'm with you, I started reading this thread thinking I was happy my Scorpion with an HBI "K" conversion as an ideal PDW. Then after reading 90 pages or so I'm watching Sig Rattlers, Honey Badgers, and the like on GunBroker.

User Tag List