Page 192 of 206 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 2052

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Primary Arms was running a big sale on Vertx products today so I purchased a Gamut Checkpoint for about $100. It should be able to fit my AR pistol properly. I was hoping to get one of the normal looking colors but they sold out very quickly and I was only able to get on in brighter green that I’d have preferred. Now I’m just waiting for my suppressor to get out of jail.
    Is there a code or was it a 1 day sale? Finally snagged a DD PDW that should be here this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Is there a code or was it a 1 day sale? Finally snagged a DD PDW that should be here this week.
    It was a flash sale. The bags sold very quickly.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    What's the preferred light placement on these PDW's from a bag gun context? Was considering and X300 or the new Modlite pistol light when it comes out at 12:00. Noticed @SouthNarc had a Modlite at 11:00, not sure if that would add to much width or create a snag point coming out of the bag? Pistol is a Daniel Defense PDW.

What's the preferred light placement on these PDW's from a bag gun context? Was considering and X300 or the new Modlite pistol light when it comes out at 12:00. Noticed @SouthNarc had a Modlite at 11:00, not sure if that would add to much width or create a snag point coming out of the bag? Pistol is a Daniel Defense PDW.
    I'm using an Arisaka 300 series with a clicky tailcap at 11 o'clock. I haven't had any snagging issues when training with it out of the bag. Sorry for the bad pic, phone is almost 4 years old and it's survived many drops.

Attachment 63849

Camped for the night in the desert — match in the am.

Name:  4BBDF4A4-56C4-4615-A173-7D14D01F5A78.jpg
Views: 1151
Size:  41.0 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

An ambi pistol light is objectively the best thing to do if it doesn't bother you and you're not trying to mount IR illuminators in that position. I don't like other stuff in my sight picture though, distracts me from looking through the RDS and getting a target focus.

I prefer using a tape switch at 12 O'Clock with the light at 1 O'Clock. Keeps it tucked in nicely, enough that I can use it ambidextrously. I can't do that with a clicky cap light at 11 O'Clock.

Either is preferable to having the light at a "traditional" 9 or 3 O'Clock position, which in the context of bagged guns is like Quasimodo trying to become a ninja. It's a giant tumor on the side of the rifle.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I have a TLR HL upside down at 1200 on the rail of my 300BO pistol. I also have one that way on a rifle. It offers ambidextrous operation.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I have a TLR HL upside down at 1200 on the rail of my 300BO pistol. I also have one that way on a rifle. It offers ambidextrous operation.
    I'm very curious to try the new Streamlight RM 1 and RM 2. They appear to be a version of the TLR 7/8/9 with switching similar to the inforce long gun lights, but with the added option of a pressure switch.

I've always like the form factor of the Inforce long gun lights but durability has always been iffy.

https://www.streamlight.com/products.../index/tlr-rm1

Name:  tlr-rm1_04.jpg
Views: 888
Size:  65.3 KB

Name:  tlr-rm1-plug_033db5d70519bc69f8801eff000019790d.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  67.6 KB

https://www.streamlight.com/products.../index/tlr-rm2

Name:  tlr-rm2_04.jpg
Views: 895
Size:  55.3 KB

Name:  tlr-rm2-plug_2.jpg
Views: 911
Size:  70.9 KB

A consideration for me is being able to make the light inert in your bag so it doesn’t activate unintentionally. Last night, settled in for the night watching our US Marshall show, a truck pulled right up to us making me glad to have the Rattler. Of course this is the kind of weapon light that is ideal.

Name:  4C9F5E11-02CB-4730-9D85-A9688BE32B26.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  26.8 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I'm very curious to try the new Streamlight RM 1 and RM 2. They appear to be a version of the TLR 7/8/9 with switching similar to the inforce long gun lights, but with the added option of a pressure switch.
    I have an RM2 and it seems like pretty nice kit, but I really do not have that much weapon mounted light experience. I have a shorter handguard on order that will move it back a little, and I might try an RM1 for the less weight.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A consideration for me is being able to make the light inert in your bag so it doesn’t activate unintentionally.
    Yes, you spin the cap a bit. It was kinda reluctant when new but is breaking in a bit. My big challenge is remembering to do it when it goes in the bag and when it comes back out of the bag.
    Name:  twist.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  5.4 KB

User Tag List