Page 176 of 206 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2052

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Well, I annoy people I don't shoot with, so why should not spread the love?
    Seriously though, can you expand on that a little? Too blasty? I would think a suppressed version would be about perfect.
    But again, I don't know what I don't know?
    Lol! No. Not annoy people you shoot with... people you shoot. The caliber is anemic and ineffective. If you shoot someone with a 4.6 expect them to ask you to stop. Much like the P90 with 5.7x28. It’s one of the reasons the SOF community wanted 300BLK since it’s quiet and smaller like the MP7 but more effective at putting down an adversary.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Lol! No. Not annoy people you shoot with... people you shoot. The caliber is anemic and ineffective. If you shoot someone with a 4.6 expect them to ask you to stop. Much like the P90 with 5.7x28. It’s one of the reasons the SOF community wanted 300BLK since it’s quiet and smaller like the MP7 but more effective at putting down an adversary.
    Gotcha!! And thanks for the clarification. I guess I'm guilty of buying into the HK overhype. Like that pic of ST 6 posing with a combo of 416's and P97's.
    I was kind of hoping that the P97 was the PS90 that actually worked.

F*ck, I totally misread that statement of yours, I think I need a nap. Or a Bourbon. Or both
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Looking for something else I stumbled on this. I’m familiar with the DSG name but can’t recollect if they’re a quality brand or not.
    https://dsgarms.com/complete-uppers-kt-dsg-pbk-0089

They offer the LAW folder as a kit with their brace, would be nice if they’d do a version of the above kit with the LAW parts included.
    https://dsgarms.com/rifle-accessorie...ba3-01-law-blk

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Looking for something else I stumbled on this. I’m familiar with the DSG name but can’t recollect if they’re a quality brand or not.
    https://dsgarms.com/complete-uppers-kt-dsg-pbk-0089

They offer the LAW folder as a kit with their brace, would be nice if they’d do a version of the above kit with the LAW parts included.
    https://dsgarms.com/rifle-accessorie...ba3-01-law-blk

I’ve been impressed with pretty much everything I get from DSG Arms. Their barrels are made by Aero/BA and I suspect they don’t manufacture much in house but buy quality parts.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    After 176 pages, I've come to the conclusion that the HK MP7 is probably the ultimate PDW. Too bad they never released a civilian variant.
    Worthwhile sticky thread from DocGKR in the ammunition sub-forum: Small Caliber PDW's: FN 5.7 mm/HK 4.6 mm.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Noob - first ever post wading into PDW deep end

Thanks to @Xhado to introducing me to PF in response to my post on another forum, and to this thread and the two that go hand-in-hand ("Carrying-and-caring-for-the-PDW" and "Official-SIG-Rattler-owner-fan-boy-nut-hugger-thread"). I've read them all. I was debating the Rattler, Noveske Diplomat, Q HB or SW, or the DD, and *think* that I've joined the Rattler bandwagon (at least in terms of wanting one, but of course there are not any to be had....). By way of background, I've just received my second SBR from jail (DD 300 BLK upper and BCG lower) and didn't like the length (around 27"), so I've got it at the LGS to swap to a Maxim collapsible stock.

After all of that $, I'm now wishing for something shorter, and as a pistol so I don't need permission for a road trip out of state. After reading all of the above (some was bleary eyed due to late night or a few cold ones), I have a few dumb questions:

1. Rattler - to get the folding stock, that's an upgrade after purchase, right?
    2. Has anyone even considered the Springfiled Edge PDW? I see a few others come up every 10 or so pages (Maxim), but never that one. Too new? Just not as dependable?
    3. Love the bag questions, but for stowing in the car, has anyone seen a trunk safe that has two access sides? I'd like one that I can access from the trunk/back of the car, but it would be cool to be able to put into the trunk safe from the folded down back seat. (Don't want someone watching me put something into the trunk to think "a ha! I need to see what's in there!" even with a trunk that's locked. Maybe just positioning it far enough back in the trunk would be sufficient, except for those that open with the same direction as the trunk lid.
    4. Looks like after I capitulate and buy the Rattler that it's just the beginning and I will be asking about slings, ammo choices, etc. Not a bad thing - I live for researching and this sort of thing.

Thanks to everyone for such a great thread!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEddie View Post
    I have a few dumb questions:

1. Rattler - to get the folding stock, that's an upgrade after purchase, right?
    2. Has anyone even considered the Springfiled Edge PDW? I see a few others come up every 10 or so pages (Maxim), but never that one. Too new? Just not as dependable?
    3. Love the bag questions, but for stowing in the car, has anyone seen a trunk safe that has two access sides? I'd like one that I can access from the trunk/back of the car, but it would be cool to be able to put into the trunk safe from the folded down back seat. (Don't want someone watching me put something into the trunk to think "a ha! I need to see what's in there!" even with a trunk that's locked. Maybe just positioning it far enough back in the trunk would be sufficient, except for those that open with the same direction as the trunk lid.
    4. Looks like after I capitulate and buy the Rattler that it's just the beginning and I will be asking about slings, ammo choices, etc. Not a bad thing - I live for researching and this sort of thing.

Thanks to everyone for such a great thread!
    The Rattler comes in two versions, the SBR and PCB. You want the latter (Pivoting Contour Brace), the features of which have satisfied the ATF's definition of "pistol". It comes with that brace.

No knowledge of the Springfield Edge.

Trunk safe: There are many variations and degrees of security. If you're not intending to more/less bolt a box into the vehicle (not a simple task on many, as there are many places you wouldn't want to drill a hole, e.g., gas tank, exhaust system, wiring harness, etc.), but instead are going to attach it with a suitable cable/padlock, you could simply swivel it around if you access it from the rear seat back opening. A cabling system, of course, assumes you have an accessible seat frame or other substantial element to fasten one end of the cable to. Not as secure as a bolt-in, but either way, you will want to determine which is your weakest "link": your lock, hinge, cable, mounting system, etc. And which set up is satisfactory for your needs (just a weapon, or also other valuables, etc.).

Lots of post-purchase options. Beginning with sights, as the Rattler comes without. Best to proceed slowly, as there are lots of attractive, expensive options. Some are well worth the cost . . .

The threads you've been reading on P-F have lots of terrific suggestions.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    The Rattler comes in two versions, the SBR and PCB. You want the latter (Pivoting Contour Brace), the features of which have satisfied the ATF's definition of "pistol". It comes with that brace.

No knowledge of the Springfield Edge.

Trunk safe: There are many variations and degrees of security. If you're not intending to more/less bolt a box into the vehicle (not a simple task on many, as there are many places you wouldn't want to drill a hole, e.g., gas tank, exhaust system, wiring harness, etc.), but instead are going to attach it with a suitable cable/padlock, you could simply swivel it around if you access it from the rear seat back opening. A cabling system, of course, assumes you have an accessible seat frame or other substantial element to fasten one end of the cable to. Not as secure as a bolt-in, but either way, you will want to determine which is your weakest "link": your lock, hinge, cable, mounting system, etc. And which set up is satisfactory for your needs (just a weapon, or also other valuables, etc.).

Lots of post-purchase options. Beginning with sights, as the Rattler comes without. Best to proceed slowly, as there are lots of attractive, expensive options. Some are well worth the cost . . .

The threads you've been reading on P-F have lots of terrific suggestions.
    Here is my Tuffy Trunk in my Jeep. It's cabled to the seat mounts and locked inside. I also drilled into the floor that it sits on and used bolts and wingnuts which are inside the trunk to secure it to the floor. If someone broke into the vehicle and cut the cables they would have to remove the trunk and walk around with an approximately 3 x 5 foot piece of plywood attached. It holds my Saint Pistol and bags with room to spare. Since I took the photos I covered the top of the trunk with a cheap floor mat I bought at Walmart. It's attached with double sided tape and cut to fit. It blends the top into the surrounding area, and provides a non slip surface.Name:  Open Trunk.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  41.2 KBName:  Closed Trunk.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  51.6 KB
    Last edited by MDFA; 08-23-2020 at 06:51 AM.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Seriously, the new 10” BRN-180 .300BO is very tempting.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rod136151.aspx
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Here is my Tuffy Trunk in my Jeep. It's cabled to the seat mounts and locked inside. I also drilled into the floor that it sits on and used bolts and wingnuts which are inside the trunk to secure it to the floor. If someone broke into the vehicle and cut the cables they would have to remove the trunk and walk around with an approximately 3 x 5 foot piece of plywood attached. It holds my Saint Pistol and bags with room to spare. Since I took the photos I covered the top of the trunk with a cheap floor mat I bought at Walmart. It's attached with double sided tape and cut to fit. It blends the top into the surrounding area, and provides a non slip surface.Name:  Open Trunk.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  41.2 KBName:  Closed Trunk.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  51.6 KB
    Nice solution! Have you posted about your Saint? Search didn’t turn up anything just now - not even this post.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List