Page 74 of 206 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

@GJM its obvious your dealer has better connections than mine. I may need to change zipcodes.

@El Cid, makes sense and that sucks. It's starting to sound like there may not be any good options.

More photos. APC9 K side by Side TP9-US

Attachment 51609

Quick field strip and snap shot of internals.

Attachment 51610
    Attachment 51611

I noticed something interesting about the 20 round mag. If you look at it from the side it looks just like the 30 round mage just cut down and drilled from front to back for the floor plate locking tabs. Looking at the bottom it seems to solidify my believe that the 20's are cut to size from the 30 round molded length. I could be totally wrong but sure seems that way. Also, I see what others are saying about mag quality seems questionable in terms of durability. After lots of experience with USGI, P-Mags, H&K mags and Glock mags everything else seems sub par. I still have no doubts they are super reliable as it is a design from back to the 80's from Steyr as of others have stated. If there were fleas I'm sure they'd be sorted by now.

Attachment 51612
    Attachment 51613

Also of note, I had hopped that there might be a way to use one of my current 9mm cans for the TP9 but due to it's design and rotating barrel I think it highly improbable to get any other can to work with it. Which sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Two biggest initial impressions — this think is light and the trigger is HEAVY.
    My TP9 seriously needs flat faced trigger to help with leveraging that heavy MF.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    My TP9 seriously needs flat faced trigger to help with leveraging that heavy MF.
    https://shootingsurplus.com/custom-s...b-t-tp9-tp9-n/

No experience with it.

Empty weight and trigger weight.

Name:  4A710F10-8A78-45E1-8F99-F4318DD7CA70.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  36.5 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Putting in an order for one now. Hopefully will help, sucks there is no safety tab though.

@GJM can you please post a photo once you've put everything on it. I wont have my brace and what not until next week.

For some reason I imagined the TP9 being smaller. It looks longer than the APC9K in those photos.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Putting in an order for one now. Hopefully will help, sucks there is no safety tab though.
    Yea I wondered why the gun has one since there is a manual safety?

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    For some reason I imagined the TP9 being smaller. It looks longer than the APC9K in those photos.
    The TP9 is about 1/2 inch shorter or so by the looks of it when I lay them one on top of the other. I wouldn't want to fire the AP9K one handed but the TP9 could pull that off without a hitch while still being usable two handed. I need that brace so I can get to shooting them side by side. Only good thing about waiting is I'll have some time to load stuff up to shoot out of them.

All together

Name:  B9176B04-5D7D-4EF1-AC46-F7D8D027D001.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  104.7 KB

Name:  8946ED68-301F-44AD-AD86-FA50ECA1F75C.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  96.2 KB

Name:  6EECD256-7694-411C-83E5-8EA8E6839EDB.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  100.5 KB

User Tag List