Page 118 of 206 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 2052

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Yeah, but...

Ballistic Advantage is owned by Aero Precision. I would need to be convinced that there's any difference between their parts more meaningful than the engraved logo. I think of them as being in the same tier as Faxon; you will probably get serviceable parts, but the chance of quality issues is not as low as with a tier up.

Noveske is ~2x the price of others under discussion. A good enough price on their "Diplomat" length including a headspaced bolt could be attractive, but I don't see those in distribution.

--------------------------

I still don't know whether George's GR1 is a 21L or 26L. Would be useful information.

At 6'4", I'd be looking at the 26L. Would be nice to know if that is what @GJM shows, or if I'd have another 2 inches in that bag.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 04-22-2020 at 10:11 AM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I am really interested in hearing @GJM’s thoughts as he continues to work with his Rattler. Whatever I end up with one day will likely be a toy for me, whether it be the APC9, Angstadt MDP9, etc, but I would still like for my toys to have the capability to be pressed into a real functional use. When GJM says that there might not be a point to owning something like the APC9 with things like the Rattler available, that gives me pause.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I’m also interested in GJM’s thoughts as he spends more time with the Rattler. Especially any time he spends without a suppressor. To me, it would be a niche gun, much in the same way that a J-Frame was to me.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Yeah, but...

Ballistic Advantage is owned by Aero Precision. I would need to be convinced that there's any difference between their parts more meaningful than the engraved logo. I think of them as being in the same tier as Faxon; you will probably get serviceable parts, but the chance of quality issues is not as low as with a tier up.

Noveske is ~2x the price of others under discussion. A good enough price on their "Diplomat" length including a headspaced bolt could be attractive, but I don't see those in distribution.

--------------------------

I still don't know whether George's GR1 is a 21L or 26L. Would be useful information.

At 6'4", I'd be looking at the 26L. Would be nice to know if that is what @GJM shows, or if I'd have another 2 inches in that bag.
    Did BA get sold? Years ago he was a small shop, and I had him make me a couple of specialty .22LR AR barrels. Nice guy. Great quality.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Search Results
    Web results

Ballistic Advantage | Aero Precisionwww.aeroprecisionusa.com › blog › post › ballistic-adv...
    Jan 2, 2014 - As of December 5, 2014, Ballistic Advantage will operate as a majority owned subsidiary of Aero Precision. This partnership is a key component ...
    Q. Do you make your own components in house?
    A. We manufacture most parts in house, including upper receivers, lower receivers, handguards, scope mounts, and various other pieces. Our barrels are manufactured at our partner company Ballistic Advantage.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    Looks like Agency Arms TP9 triggers are on the way

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_P7WgZl..._web_copy_link
    Here I was thinking I was gonna get out of buying GJM's TP9.

@Mike C - did you get the CSM trigger in yet?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

MikeC be dumping his TP9.

#APC9Kmasterrace

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I haven't gone through all 1100+ responses so forgive me if this one has been mentioned.

I have always liked the original PDW (M1 Carbine) and recently heard that Inland Mfg is making what's called the Advisor. This is their version of the bygone Enforcer pistol. Being based on an M1A1 stock, it doesn't look as homemade as the old Universal.

It would be kind of neat to buy an Advisor and pay the tax to make an SBR out of it. Or put a brace on there although it would be pretty hard finding a brace that would fit and didn't look like a complete hack job.

Ammo might be somewhat of a challenge. There are several places making soft point ammo but my guess is these bullets are more of less equivalent to FMJ and are probably only made so people can hunt in states that might not allow FMJ on game. Speer seems to have discontinued the Gold Dot but Hornady has a 110gr FTX that might be a good SD bullet.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

I decided not to mess with it and just sell the TP9. While I'm not completely incompetent with breaking stuff apart, (with exception of H&K's) I'm just past the point of wanting to mess with it. I want an out of the box solution. The APC9K basically does it for me for what I am wanting which is primarily a fun gun and travel companion I can easily lock up, stow or carry in a bag for transfer. It just sucks because I got rid of all my full sized Glocks for the "master race" G48/43X and now I want another G19 or G26 to pair with the APC for mag commonality despite being more than pleased with the single stacks.

Right now I am debating about getting on the 300 B.O. train yet again by following the Jones', AKA GJM, AKA worse enabler in PF history and just buy a Rattler. Better sense is stopping me at the moment but also the thought of knowing my luck. Seriously, most likely it would show up at my FFL bite me and then decide not to work. Hence me sticking with the APC for now. Well that and the Form 1 electronic filing came back in less than a month so there's that. I just need telescoping stock now, if only they'd arrive from the land of unobtainium. #1stworldproblems

Did you guys buy all of the Rattlers at Brownells?

Out of stock. https://www.brownells.com/firearms/h...rod117004.aspx
    #RESIST

User Tag List