Page 198 of 206 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 2052

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    9-Hole Reviews did a video on the PDW concept. Suggested viewing material for anyone who is having trouble understanding it.

That's a really cogent and well done video.

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    Are we still doing backpack guns?
    I've been meaning to post my backpack setup but kept getting distracted by shiny things:

Daniel Defense PDW pistol in 300 Blk
    • Aimpoint T2 with Scalarworks lower 1/3 QD mount
    • Streamlight TLR8-G weapon light/green laser
    • Bobro Engineering Lowrider folding BUIS
    • BCM KD4 pistol grip
    • D&H 20 rd. 300 Blk specific mags

The pack is a Vertx EDC Gamut 2.0 that was exclusive to OpticsPlanet and is slightly larger than the standard Gamut 2.0 (22" vs. 21" and 28L vs. 25). With the brace closed completely and the pack's laptop sleeve adjusted for the full length of the pack, the pistol fits in easily muzzle down with only a tiny amount printing from the very back of the brace that gets lost in the contours of the pack.

Name:  IMG_0822.jpg
Views: 1195
Size:  33.5 KB

With a liberal amount of swearing properly applied, the pack will accommodate the pistol and a slick plate carrier (Velocity Systems Assault Plate Carrier with API-BZ plates and 3 30 rd. mags in the kangaroo pouch). It's bulky, but not too bad.

Name:  IMG_0828.jpg
Views: 1195
Size:  38.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_0829.jpg
Views: 1201
Size:  40.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_0830.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  50.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_0831.jpg
Views: 1201
Size:  78.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Whats everyone using for a weapon light on their MPX/APC9/Stribog type guns? I was thinking that a pistol light like an X300U or a TLR1-HL at 12 o’clock would make more sense than something like a Surefire Scout or the Modlite equivalent due to the limited effective range of one of these guns compared to something in a rifle caliber. Am I on the right track?
    I think so. For me 12 o'clock was very important to reduce snagging as the weapon is presented from the pack.

While I greatly prefer momentary activation switches to the click on/click off switching of the original TLR7/8, I decided on the click on/off switch to reduce the likelihood of accidental activation in the pack since it's a tight fit. Given the [extremely limited subset of extremely limited] circumstances under which this weapon might be deployed, the chances of needing to immediately shut off the light are minuscule as compared to the benefits of low-profile switching. Also using the laser as the secondary sighting system, I'd prefer it to stay on until I decide to shut it off. The BUIS is tertiary and only added because the Lowriders are so small there was no reason not to.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Well, this is interesting. Maybe I'm late to the party, but I didn't notice these earlier.

BROWNELLS - BRN-180™ STRIPPED LOWER RECEIVER FORGED

Integrated PIC mount for a folding buttstock in the lower forging. No need for an adaptor or LAW folder.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Well, this is interesting. Maybe I'm late to the party, but I didn't notice these earlier.

BROWNELLS - BRN-180™ STRIPPED LOWER RECEIVER FORGED

Integrated PIC mount for a folding buttstock in the lower forging. No need for an adaptor or LAW folder.
    To be clear, those will only work with a BRN-180 upper or something like a .22LR upper where the BCG doesn't recoil into the receiver extension. Most people using LAW folders are still using normal DI uppers where the BCG does recoil into the receiver extension, meaning this lower wouldn't work.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Right. But with a standard lower and a BRN-180 upper, you still need a Pic adaptor or a folder adaptor to get the folding. With this, get the BRN-180 upper, throw an LPK in the lower, attach a Pic-compatible brace (for however long that lasts), and rock on.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    a BRN-180 upper,
    How have those been working out, btw? Early reviews were iffy. Did they ever get any better? The 10" barreled version still looks interesting but I'm full up on "projects that need to be tweaked and fixed" to run.

Site Supporter
    Some more from 9 Hole Reviews re MP7 vs P90

Site Supporter
    Bonus content from the comments section of the above video.

Sauli Luolajan-Mikkola 11 hours ago
    You all got it wrong: the Russians used pencils to pack gunshot wounds, tampons to write in space, and NASA developed the space pen to penetrate Russian paratrooper armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    I decided on the click on/off switch to reduce the likelihood of accidental activation in the pack since it's a tight fit.
    A M300 (or modlite equivalent) mounted at 12:00 with the shrouded tailcap is tough, ambidextrous, and svelte too. It's no taller than a x300, really. It might look odd at first, but it's quite a nice solution for actually having a rifle light, and not hanging off the side

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    A M300 (or modlite equivalent) mounted at 12:00 with the shrouded tailcap is tough, ambidextrous, and svelte too. It's no taller than a x300, really. It might look odd at first, but it's quite a nice solution for actually having a rifle light, and not hanging off the side
    That's a really good idea, thanks for the suggestion!

User Tag List