Page 66 of 206 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

@RevolverRob, you've got me there Sir. A fellow Texan is always welcome here if you're ever in the neighborhood, stop by for a test drive and some fine Bourbon or Scotch.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    @Mike C, are you able to get a measurement of the length of the Pro K with the brace folded? I’d be curious how it compares to @GJM’s regular Pro at 15”.
    Sorry if the photos suck. My measurements aren't going to be perfect as I dropped on the 3 lug with Rocksett so I just didn't want to go through pulling it off. Ball park without 3 lug is to reduce length measurements by about 1/2" to the front of the threads.

Attachment 51487
    Just shy of 13", 12.5" without 3 lug.

Attachment 51488
    8 1/4" high.

Attachment 51489
    3 3/4" wide.

Attachment 51490
    22" extended, tailhook sits flush with end of brace adapter so that length will be correct. 21.5" without 3 lug.
    Last edited by Mike C; 04-07-2020 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post

Data point... The Maxim PDW brace model on the DDM4 PDW allows for a standard bolt and captured buffer.
    The Maxim also passed testing of a certain fed agency that brought us the 19M. Some of their surveillance folks have them.

Mike C, those BUIS are high! I went with the Troy SCAR set and they work perfectly on my APC9 Pro.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    SNIP The *LVC is a 30 caliber weapon that is as quiet as an MP5-SD, but with 3x therange. It has more penetration and better terminal effects than an MP7. It iseffective for CQB but has the ability to engage and eliminate threats beyond100 meters. OFF

* Low Visibility Carbine (for purposes of the presentation, the "Honey Badger".)

https://ndiastorage.blob.core.usgovc...590Silvers.pdf
    That was a really good read. I read everything I could find a few years ago about 300blk, but that's a new one for me. Nice find.

Dunno how long it's been up like this, but saw this on the LAW Tactical site:

Would make an interesting contender to the MCX for folks that are interested in keeping with the AR form factor.

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpi...folding-brace/
    Price wise this doesn’t seem like a bad option. Just over 13” folded. Cheap mags, mlok forend. I know the scorpion been discussed but the micro with the new folding brace seems alright.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Has anyone brought this up yet?
    https://angstadtarms.com/mdp9/

14" long, 3.6 pounds. Uses Glock magazines. M1913 section on rear of receiver for brace.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    Has anyone brought this up yet?
    https://angstadtarms.com/mdp9/

14" long, 3.6 pounds. Uses Glock magazines. M1913 section on rear of receiver for brace.
    Good post, I believe they also competed for the Army sub-gun trials with this (against the B&T and others).

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Dunno how long it's been up like this, but saw this on the LAW Tactical site:

Would make an interesting contender to the MCX for folks that are interested in keeping with the AR form factor.
    If they gave a few members here that for free to review and it lasted... I would totally buy one.
    Because let’s be honest some of you get to go shoot a lot more then 98% of people who own guns

@Default.mp3 I want to say that has been in development for almost a year?

User Tag List