Page 35 of 206 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Maybe a STI in your future?
    Hahah, no. I had some 1911s, and a STI open gun. Don’t miss them at all.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I was thinking that the APC Pro K would fit in smaller bags than the regular one but didn’t realize that there was only about 2.5” difference in barrel length. I also prefer to avoid the magwell hold and was wondering how cramped the front of the K looked. I guess it is as cramped as it appears, especially if you mount a light to one of the sides. I’m not saying I’m going to go out and buy an APC Pro, but who knows what the future holds? I wish I knew someone who had one so I could play around with it.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

10 pages of talk about ballistics and still no love for the bull pup. You can have your cake and eat it too, as long as you like your cake expensive, heavy, and with a bad trigger.

But seriously, 16” ballistics, 26” OAL. deserves consideration, no?
    Join FPC

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchMan View Post
    10 pages of talk about ballistics and still no love for the bull pup. You can have your cake and eat it too, as long as you like your cake expensive, heavy, and with a bad trigger.

But seriously, 16” ballistics, 26” OAL. deserves consideration, no?
    I mentioned my AUG earlier and a couple of members mentioned carrying their Tavors around. While you get full size rifle ballistics, the 26” overall length isn’t short enough when you’re talking about fitting a long gun into a container that looks normal for you to actually carry on your person. I can carry my AUG in a ukulele case that the seller included when I bought the gun but it sure catches people’s attention. You can fit an MP5k with a folding stock in a normal looking messenger bag. The same kind of bag carried by a large portion of people in any urban environment. With a bullpup you also run into issues in localities that prohibit loaded rifles in vehicles.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I'm curious why you selected that particular load. The only 2 bullets in 300BLK I can recall DocGKR endorsing are 110gr TTSX and 110gr GMX. Usually Varmint bullets are not great choices for two-legged predators.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit View Post
    El Cid,

Nice catch on this one. 1st night on 3rd shift. I am using the Hornady 110 GMX for work based on a conversation with DocGRK. Keeping my eyes open for the Supersonic 110 gr Barnes TTSX at a fair price as Doc recommended it 1st.

I got the Hornady 110 V-Max from SG Ammo at a good price for training ammo as the Magtech 123 gr ball is not very accurate out of this snubby barreled weapon. Both Hornady rounds perform fine out to 100 yards which is realistically an extremely long shot operationally.

JW
    FWIW, the only supersonic 300blk cartridge left in Hornady's LE lineup is the 110gr GMX. There's probably a good reason for that.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    FWIW, the only supersonic 300blk cartridge left in Hornady's LE lineup is the 110gr GMX. There's probably a good reason for that.
    I had a one shot one kill on a white tail buck using supersonic 150gr factory ballistic tip hollow points. Deer died in less than a minute.
    #RESIST

I’m liking my KPOS Scout mated to a Gen 4 G19. I need to kit it out with a better optic, back up sights and a quality light. if I can remember my passwords to Photobucket, I’ll post some pics of some old school PDW’s I’ve owned over the years.

Review here:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....nce-KPOS-Scout
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Shooting daily, and with my Carry Optics rig, there isn’t a big difference in my performance at pistol distances, with my competition pistol and the APC9 Pro sized PDW. The difference is greater, comparing the APC9 and an iron sighted EDC pistol. I just got back from the range and filmed one run on our practice array with my LEM P2000, followed by three progressively further runs with the APC9.

For those that care: GJM is 30% faster with a shoulder fired gun he doesn't with at nearly as much as his pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I had a one shot one kill on a white tail buck using supersonic 150gr factory ballistic tip hollow points. Deer died in less than a minute.
    I may have been too vague, but the point I was trying to make is that major ammunition manufacturers tend to populate their LE line with their best options for people shootin'.

Nice job on the deer. Did I miss a pic of that in the hunting thread?

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Seen any around lately?

cc
    Unfortunately I have not. I'm keeping my eyes open but this may be one of those "It will be awhile" things.

User Tag List