Page 31 of 206 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

On the subject of 300blk mags....

I plan to use 20rd Colt mags, exclusively, and will be painting them this weekend after I verify function.

My question, has anyone had issues with standard 5.56 mags/springs inducing malfunctions in over-gassed (suppressed) 300blk guns? In the 1911 world, some mags/springs can struggle to keep up with the quicker Commander slides when trying to lift a full stack of 230gr ammo, when the same gun + mags/springs combo would work fine with 200gr/185r ammo.

So, it seems that taking mags meant for twenty rounds of 55-62gr 5.56, and stoking them full of twenty 110gr to 220gr pills would present some potential reliability issues due to being 2x-4x the combined weight in which the springs were designed to lift.

The thought crossed my mind while emptying a stack of stashed 20rd Colt mags with 5.56 Hornady in them.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    What's the go to aftermarket CZ Scopion Evo safety to buy?
    https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/...fety-selector/

I run it and really like it, easy swipe of a indexed trigger finger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    My understanding is that SMGs are more reliable with SMG mags (double stack, double feed) but I see that most of the members with B&T guns seem to prefer the Glock compatible lowers so they can use their Glock mags. Do SMG style magazines only make a reliability difference with the select fire guns? Is an APC9 running on Glock mags as reliable as one running on B&T mags?
    Great question, I'd love to hear the response on as well.

Though without any Glocks on hand, I'd go with the B&T mag guns, personally.

Fortunately, since I'm still a long way (physically) from my FFL, I can vacillate a while longer. This whole thread has me turning in circles and looking at all kinds of options. Right now I'm basically between three calibers, 9mm, .300BLK, and .45 - and three platforms - CZ Scorpion (9mm), AR-style PDW (.300), or B&T (in any of the calibers).

Of course, if PSA would get around to releasing it's MP5-clone, maybe the whole thing would be moot for me, because the MP5 is an excellent weapon when built well and I have more than a mild love of them.

Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    On the subject of 300blk mags....

I plan to use 20rd Colt mags, exclusively, and will be painting them this weekend after I verify function.

My question, has anyone had issues with standard 5.56 mags/springs inducing malfunctions in over-gassed (suppressed) 300blk guns? In the 1911 world, some mags/springs can struggle to keep up with the quicker Commander slides when trying to lift a full stack of 230gr ammo, when the same gun + mags/springs combo would work fine with 200gr/185r ammo.

So, it seems that taking mags meant for twenty rounds of 55-62gr 5.56, and stoking them full of twenty 110gr to 220gr pills would present some potential reliability issues due to being 2x-4x the combined weight in which the springs were designed to lift.

The thought crossed my mind while emptying a stack of stashed 20rd Colt mags with 5.56 Hornady in them.
    I use the Lancer advance war fighter mags for 300 blk. Easy to distinguish between pmag 556 and 300blk and there is a textile/texture difference. The Lancers haven’t failed me yet and if you go with a long loading on subsonic they work very well. Wilson combat also makes/modifying Lancer mags for their loading as well and can handle longer cartridges then the standard Lancer.

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/AR-Styl...R%2D300LMAG30/

20rd

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/AR-Styl...R%2D300LMAG20/

AKA: SkyLine1

For .300, I have used military mags with the green Magpul followers, along with the Lancer and Magpul dedicated .300 mags. I mark them all with an orange or pink marker “300” to avoid confusion.

I read of problems with the B&T 45, and like how much history there is with their 9mm products.

Who has shot a TP9-N?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    At the risk of thread drift - is anyone using 6.8SPC for "PDW" as an alternative to 5.56 or 300BO?

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    I use the Lancer advance war fighter mags for 300 blk. Easy to distinguish between pmag 556 and 300blk and there is a textile/texture difference. The Lancers haven’t failed me yet and if you go with a long loading on subsonic they work very well. Wilson combat also makes/modifying Lancer mags for their loading as well and can handle longer cartridges then the standard Lancer.

20rd

Slightly cheaper at Brownells

https://www.brownells.com/search/ind...zine&ksubmit=y
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post

20rd

This might be a great solution for me regardless, as I don't own any Lancer mags currently. That would distinguish them from the Pmag/Colt/OKay/NHMTG mags I use for 5.56 guns. Thanks

Still curious if anyone is having issues with standard 5.56 AR mags (other than some subs being too long).

Still curious if anyone is having issues with standard 5.56 AR mags (other than some subs being too long).
    My two 300BLK uppers (registered SBR lower) are an 8.25" CMMG pistol gas system and 10.5" PSA carbine gas tube. Once I got the buffers right, I have never had a single malfunction in about 3,000 rounds of both subsonic and supersonic loads. I don't own anything but standard 5.56 mags...Pmag, various USGI, and a few standard Lancers, sample of one.

My question, has anyone had issues with standard 5.56 mags/springs inducing malfunctions in over-gassed (suppressed) 300blk guns? .
    Sorry did not mention in my earlier reply, in the case of suppressed use, I only run my 220gr subsonics in my 8.25" barrel with a threaded (no Nielson device) can which was built for 9mm subguns. That is a very adequate suppressor in my case, and once I dinked around with the buffer weights it has been quite reliable with my 5.56 mags.

Were the mags a factor in the buffer tuning I had to dink with? Quite possibly. It has been a while but I am pretty sure I tried a half dozen combinations of plastic, steel, aluminum, and tungsten cylinders to get that carbine buffer right finally on that setup. I was an early adopter of 300BLK and there was not even commercially available brass when I started, only converted GI or very expensive JDJ Whisper stuff, much less any mags allegedly tuned for 300BLK.

I am not running full auto and I have not been running really fast strings to know if fast cycling would be an issue. I just plink at steel with that thing. Again...sample of one.

User Tag List