Page 170 of 206 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 2052

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I got the SIG SBR ammo but I can't find Barnes 110 anywhere.
    Act fast

https://www.luckygunner.com/300-aac-...r-tx-20-rounds

https://www.ammunitiontogo.com/produ...0gr-tactx-ammo

You might also want to search for .300 Whisper

https://www.ammoman.com/300-aac-blac...ern4-20-rounds

Name:  300whisper.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  75.1 KB

Kind of like the 50 states bidding against each other for N-95 masks, I think the P-F PDW crowd, alone, is materially affecting the 300 AAC/BLK ammo supply. Accumulating any meaningful quantity, of a favored defensive load, is a challenge, indeed. I think I may relegate my DDM4V7P to the safe, and revisit this at another time, like maybe 2021.

I recently took delivery of Wonder Wads, Pyrodex Pistol Pellets, and Hodgdon 777 loose powder. Yep, time for my Ruger Old Army to step up to the plate. I do, however, need to find a holster that does not have “CS” stamped on it, for obvious public-relations reasons. I am not completing kidding, here. Times are becoming interesting.

Thankfully, I managed to build-up a meaningful quantity of standard-velocity #1 buck, when Lucky Gunner got a rare shipment of Winchester, and priced/sold it by the case. I found some truly rare Federal Flight Control Tactical 8-pellet 00 buck, from a place in NH.

And, if Palmetto ever gets around to shipping, and, Good Lord willin’ and the creek don’t rise, I will be taking delivery of 500 5.7x28 FN blue tips. This stuff sells-out within hours of being posted, if the seller is charging a fair price.

My days of high-round-count training with centerfire handguns being history, my supplies of .45 ACP and 9mm are OK, though some amount fresh defensive ammo would be a good idea, sooner or later. A .22 LR upper, for 1911, is on my short list. A .22 LR upper for Glock is on my longer-term list, unless I find one that I bought back in the 2002-2004 time frame. I think I sold or traded it, when I phased-out my first batch of Glocks, but am not certain. (I switched to SIG in late 2004, for duty and much personal carry. I returned to Glock, with the much-better-fitting Gen4, when my chief authorized 9mm as an alternative duty cartridge in late 2015.)

I think my next ammo order, with Lucky Gunner or Midwest USA, may well be .357 Mag, or .45 Colt.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Kind of like the 50 states bidding against each other for N-95 masks, I think the P-F PDW crowd, alone, is materially affecting the 300 AAC/BLK ammo supply. Accumulating any meaningful quantity, of a favored defensive load, is a challenge, indeed.
    You are correct. Even last week when I decided to jump into the 300 BLK pool there were more options. I found some 110 grain GMX, and then caught some Barnes in stock at Midway. Both of those loads seem to be sold out everywhere now according to AmmoSeek.

The 120 gr Sig Monolithic does seem to be available in both short barrel and hunting versions.

The 110 gr VMax May do ok at short barrel velocities but can’t find much meaningful testing.

I laugh to myself over my $300 PSA upper and the $1400 worth of ammo I have to feed it...

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    You are correct. Even last week when I decided to jump into the 300 BLK pool there were more options. I found some 110 grain GMX, and then caught some Barnes in stock at Midway. Both of those loads seem to be sold out everywhere now according to AmmoSeek.

The 120 gr Sig Monolithic does seem to be available in both short barrel and hunting versions.

The 110 gr VMax May do ok at short barrel velocities but can’t find much meaningful testing.

I laugh to myself over my $300 PSA upper and the $1400 worth of ammo I have to feed it...
    It's easier when you buy it in 100 round blocks with free shipping [emoji1787].

Got my SR30 upper today, waiting on my law folder to finish my build.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Apologies for quoting a couple pages back.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Just a thought, but if you're running a pistol configuration, putting a short eye relief LPVO on it could be construed as evidence of intent to shoulder it, thereby "redesigning" or "making" an SBR. The red dots don't have the eye relief constraints.
    Please correct me if I am wrong (it happens quite often), but wouldn't this argument also apply to nearly all back-up iron sights? Most peep sights, like those common on AR platforms, require a decent cheek weld to use properly and are not terribly forgiving for eye relief. Unless I am missing the concept, a red dot or laser would be the only sighting options that would not allow for the same argument to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by p1090 View Post

Please correct me if I am wrong (it happens quite often), but wouldn't this argument also apply to nearly all back-up iron sights? Most peep sights, like those common on AR platforms, require a decent cheek weld to use properly and are not terribly forgiving for eye relief. Unless I am missing the concept, a red dot or laser would be the only sighting options that would not allow for the same argument to be made.
    That is what I thought too but no one is an ATF agent (maybe @RevolverRob is...) so much of our discussions are probably moot. I've also seen guys running magnifiers on their pistols so...

Quote Originally Posted by p1090 View Post

Oh man, now there’s going to be a run on those ANVL Unikorn mounts....

And let’s not start the debate on whether GMX is brass not copper and thus armor piercing in a pistol...

I intended to shoot the rattler today for a class, but the ANR mount was a no go. When I began zeroing the optic came loose from the mount almost immediately. When I mounted it I tightened it to spec and used loctite. I checked the screws and they were all the way tight. The mounting screws I used were from aimpoint. I then tried another set that came from DD or Geissle I can’t remember. They had a different shape head. No joy.

Looking closer, the screws tightened all the way don’t bite into the optic enough to keep the optic tight to the mount under recoil. The mount itself appears to thick, but I’m no engineer.

I’ve never had an issue mounting a T1 with several other manufacturers over 10 years or so. The ANR people, were nice and it could very well be that I just got a bad mount. I’m not disparaging them. Things happen. But I’m not a tinkerer. When gear doesn’t work I generally shit can it and move on.

I’m just going to mount it with a geissle and figure out the backup sights later.

Got my law folder in today, gotta get that installed, of course I forgot to order a buffer spring... sigh

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I got the SIG SBR ammo but I can't find Barnes 110 anywhere.
    I have those, ready to be loaded up into ammo. @SouthNarc you need them for anything important?
    #RESIST

User Tag List