Page 162 of 206 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 2052

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Once I get to 2K with this gun it will likely only be shot once a month with context to what I’d use it for unless I buy lots of coated subs to shoot it on the cheap.

I was thinking about this subject overnight. I need to decide if I’m going to vet this gun and then relegate it to serious use or shoot the shit out of it. I’m tempted to just try and break it and see what fails and when. In the name of science of course 😀

In the shooting realm I mostly focus on pistol practice these days since it’s more relevant to my situation but maybe this will motivate me to get out more often and even take some classes with it.

Somewhat in line with the old “good, fast, or cheap.....pick two” equation, my guess is that longevity at high round counts might be the sacrifice to get the little thing to do what it does. I may just end up buying a second one to train with after this one is sufficiently vetted.

Either way, I better finalize all this tech upgrade stuff soon because once the BJJ gyms reopen the Black Hole will form and suck my geek brain back into the alternate universe

You can run into this issue with 5.56mm mags depending on the internal geometry of the mag. I've had mixed experiences with 5.56mm magazines and 300 Blackout in the 30 round format. 20's were always fine. Some people don't seem to have issues. I chalk that up to my luck. I personally like to stick with 300 Blackout specific mags for carry but would have no issues using 5.56mm mags as trainer mags if you have more of them than the caliber specific ones. If you use something like the 110 amax you will likely have much fewer issues in 5.56mm mags due to profile. Amax could be a cheaper alternative to the 120gr Sig loads especially if you reload. BC is also .290 as the Sigs are.
    I think it is bullet geometry - these are long and have not cleared the feed lips as they hit the feed ramp. I bought 5 different loads to try, this is the only one with sporadic problems feeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    I think most of the issues are with uneven stacking in the mag caused by the bullet being larger than approx .25” at the point where it contacts the magazine rib. If it is larger than that, use 300 blk specific mags.
    Agree with this assessment - see comparison pic below with 125 Sig OTM (the one on sale directly from Sig), Win 125 OTR and 110 Amax from Atlanta Arms. Also a loaded USGI to show how much they fill the mag

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Change mag brand, the Lancer 20s run well for me. After that, toy with buffer weights.
    These were 5.56 Lancer 30s. I only have a few of them a decided these could be dedicated to 300 to avoid confusion. I've got some 300 specific Lancers in my cart somewhere right now. I don't think it's a buffer issue - bolt was behind the case head, but cartridge is just too long or wide to release before binding up. I have an H2 incoming from Brownell's anyway as a lot of people claim it is the buffer for a 300 BLK.

Again, Win 125, ATL Amax 110 and Hornady GMX ran with no hangups out of the same mags.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bullet geometry and standard AR mags has been a consideration since I was testing white-box (meaning pre-production) 300blk ammo from Remington when the round was still new. I think I talked about it several pages back.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    One you try radial delayed blowback you can never go back to straight blowback.
    How does it compare with roller-delayed blowback?
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Nearly as smooth but also much simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    How does it compare with roller-delayed blowback?

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Decided to check zero this morning. I couldn’t recall if I had taken the RDS off in the fall for some reason. About 1.25” low at 25yds gives me about 1/4” high at 100yds and 4” low at 180yds. Plenty good enough. 110gr Barnes @ 2140fps. Checked the zero at 25 and 100. I was going to take it out to 200, but that required a drive down the road and I got caught up with another 100yd project. I still need to pick up a LAW Folder for this. It’s really handy. It would be handier folded!

Name:  4B2AF584-191E-468F-8AC1-7C245ACF9265.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  63.5 KB
    Last edited by entropy; 05-10-2020 at 10:54 PM. Reason: I can’t spell or use correct grammar.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

The ANVL arrived. I dig it so far. Seems like it’s ideal when faced with deleting backups all together over space. At 2.9oz it’s lighter than a DD mount and folders.

I will update after shooting Friday.
    Name:  57A76B38-3EBC-4EE1-99FC-991099ECFC04.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  40.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    The ANVL arrived. I dig it so far. Seems like it’s ideal when faced with deleting backups all together over space. At 2.9oz it’s lighter than a DD mount and folders.

I will update after shooting Friday.
    Name:  57A76B38-3EBC-4EE1-99FC-991099ECFC04.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  40.6 KB
    How high does it put the micro? 1.42"? 1.57"?

If I can put an X300 on the top rail in front of that it will fix all of my rail space problems.

Site Supporter
    My average muzzle velocity with the factory Barnes loading was 1,937.6 FPS, and here I was thinking 1,800 FPS was going to be the max. I am happy to be wrong on this as this puts the round at about 1,317 FPS at 280 yards or so using a BC. That means out of a 5.5" barrel with the Barnes having an expansion threshold to 1,300 FPS you have real expansion capability to damn near 300 yards. That is just out right impressive out of a 5.5" barrel if my math, (not my strong suit thanks TBI) is correct. If anyone needs or wants specifics to double check me I'd be happy to oblige. Just PM me and I'll send you everything so we can make sure the numbers are right.
    This is the real magic of .300 Blackout. I've never really gotten the hype behind shooting subs and supers from the same gun, but a 5.5 inch barrel gun with minimal recoil and a 300ish yard effective range is pretty awesome. How did you find the Rattler to shoot with the can on? I've always found the MCX to be a pretty gassy suppressor host. Is the Rattler the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    How high does it put the micro? 1.42"? 1.57"?

If I can put an X300 on the top rail in front of that it will fix all of my rail space problems.
    That’s a good question. The website says “absolute” but gives no measurement. The mount “appears” to be lower 1/3 height. When I placed it in front of the absolute mount to rough zero the dot, it was a bit taller. Head position feels taller. The irons also seem to be lower 1/3 so not sure. I wish I had an x300 to try for you.

I will measure it.

User Tag List