Page 155 of 206 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 2052

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Where’s the fun in worrying what the attorneys are going to try and delude a jury into thinking?

I’m still looking for someone who has LAW folders in stock...

So what about slings? They are not essential to the use of a PDW as described here but I like the option of having one in the bag. I used an old magpul sling for the Z5K but I don’t love it for the rattler. It’s interesting how a 2 point actually works pretty well for me on the rattler but it’s not ideal and I prefer a single for tiny guns.

I ordered a Ferro Concepts single point to try. What are you guys trying if anything?

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    So what about slings? They are not essential to the use of a PDW as described here but I like the option of having one in the bag. I used an old magpul sling for the Z5K but I don’t love it for the rattler. It’s interesting how a 2 point actually works pretty well for me on the rattler but it’s not ideal and I prefer a single for tiny guns.

I ordered a Ferro Concepts single point to try. What are you guys trying if anything?
    Both at work and my personal gun use BFG 2-point slings.

Our older work guns used a non-descript single point neck-loop bungee sling. I haven't found a downside to using the 2 point in this role, which is also a better sling for when a gun needs a sling.

ETA: this is relevant to a 10" barrelled gun. I can see the answer being different for a 4-5" barrelled gun.
    Last edited by TGS; 05-08-2020 at 03:46 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

non-padded 2 Point Vickers with it tightened up pretty good, (RT handed shooter) front qd socket left side of hand guard to right rear QD socket going under the brace arm. I like it so far. If I decide to keep it on I will trim some fat off the end to take some bulk out of it so I can find a better way to stow it. I like to keep my slings the same so that regardless of what I'm working with so the function is the same for hasty sling wrap, kneeling, standing etc.

2 point gives stability a single point can only dream of and can be useful in a variety of ways. Bonus for not bouncing and slamming you in the junk or chin and not putting the muzzle in the dirt.

I’m all for 2 point adjustable slings on long guns and have been for years. But this pistol is tiny which gives you some extra mobility in say, the drivers compartment as was mentioned, I liked the way a 2 point worked to stow the gun but I felt that it reduced some of the mobility advantage offered by the tiny gun in the confined space. So I’m going to play with the adjustable single and see where that gets me.

I’m all for 2 point adjustable slings on long guns and have been for years. But this pistol is tiny which gives you some extra mobility in say, the drivers compartment as was mentioned, I liked the way a 2 point worked to stow the gun but I felt that it reduced some of the mobility advantage offered by the tiny gun in the confined space. So I’m going to play with the adjustable single and see where that gets me.
    How about this: https://www.blueforcegear.com/vicker...ng-2-to-1.html

I saw somewhere, last night I think, an idea I thought was stupid good, I think it was with the MCX or MPX - or something with a folding stock.

Someone had taken their two point, folded the stock, and ranger banded the two point up tight, towards the butt end of the stock, so it was basically out of the way, but when you ripped open the stock the sling would unfold so that it could be used. It occurred to me that such an approach would keep the sling tucked up and allow the gun to be deployed, if you had time to unfold the stock, you could probably loop the sling around yourself, but it wouldn't matter either way.

I wish I could find the picture now, damnit.

___

A single point in the bag though would probably be fine. Well, maybe for you. I'll try it for me, but I fully expect a single point to hit me in the knees...I'm too short.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I saw somewhere, last night I think, an idea I thought was stupid good, I think it was with the MCX or MPX - or something with a folding stock.

Someone had taken their two point, folded the stock, and ranger banded the two point up tight, towards the butt end of the stock, so it was basically out of the way, but when you ripped open the stock the sling would unfold so that it could be used. It occurred to me that such an approach would keep the sling tucked up and allow the gun to be deployed, if you had time to unfold the stock, you could probably loop the sling around yourself, but it wouldn't matter either way.

I wish I could find the picture now, damnit.

___

A single point in the bag though would probably be fine. Well, maybe for you. I'll try it for me, but I fully expect a single point to hit me in the knees...I'm too short.
    Oh I see now, you meant to unfold

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    That’s similar to the one I’m trying from Ferro I think. Looks good

My Greyman panel in the GR1. It also hangs great.

I like that I can move this between bags. I keep my GR1 clean for urban. I take a TAD fastback into the woods.

Note: I think optic makes a big difference on the bag it will fit in and the MRO is the worst. An Aimpoint Micro is a lot lower-rifle and a ACRO even better.

Name:  IMG_1572.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  82.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_1576.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  38.4 KB

User Tag List