Page 7 of 206 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Since all the craziness, my Tavor rides with me in my car at all times.

Just going into the bedroom safe, these are our go to ones.

Name:  60E4D53C-E60F-420A-ADFF-3775728C6B0B.jpg
Views: 1390
Size:  70.0 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    You guys are reading my mind. So what is the best factory solution to the .300 BLK braced pistol without price as a consideration?
    I've got a 9 in BCM 300 pistol and it's treated me well so far.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just sold my Honey Badger because of these reasons, I despised how the stock felt on my face when shooting, it seems a little hincky to quickly unlock it
    To this end, Q has the Sugar Weasel, which uses an SBA3 and costs almost a grand less to boot.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just going into the bedroom safe, these are our go to ones.

Name:  60E4D53C-E60F-420A-ADFF-3775728C6B0B.jpg
Views: 1390
Size:  70.0 KB
    If you don't mind;

can you list the makes and models?

I'm not that up to date on all of the modern PDW's

thanks
    cc

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I get this, but bear with me. I think there are two market sectors for "PDW" type guns: 1) people who want a cool looking gun and think 3' of flame and a giant muzzle blast is cool and don't care about terminal ballistics or reliability that much. 2) people like us who want a PDW for defensive purposes.

I'm ready to be convinced that a 5-8" 5.56, or 10" .308, is a good idea for any real world use. It would be awesome... but I don't think physics will work in our favor here. Companies like Springfield are primarily marketing for group 1 because the AR market is pretty well saturated.
    Ruger just popped a charger vs. of their 9mm carbine which appears perfect for this.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    I've got a 9 in BCM 300 pistol and it's treated me well so far.
    A factory gun or just the upper? Is it suppressed? I have had good experience with BCM

My PDW = G17 + X300U + G18 mags.

OK, I find myself revisiting the idea of occasionally toting a PDW type of weapon, two years after buying a .300 BLK DDM4V7P, with the idea of using it for traveling in states that did not allow loaded long guns inside vehicles. My only long road trip, thus far, went into at least one state that simply prohibits all AR15 types of weapons. (Here, Texas allows loaded long guns inside vehicles.) I have recently been looking at lock boxes*, most of which would be problematic for containing long guns, but some of which will hold PDW-sized weapons. My DDM4V7P may yet find a more-regular role. I would not “keep” a firearm inside a vehicle, but short-term locking storage is desirable, and would probably result in my bringing the DDM4V7P with me, much more often.

I have prior experience with a PDW-ish weapon, in the early Eighties, long before Texas issued handgun carry licenses to private citizens, but, then, as now, allowed general carry of long guns, concealed or not, loaded or unloaded, including inside motor vehicles. It was an Uzi Carbine, with the collapsible stock, the version now called “A,” by collectors. My employer, at the time, was cool with me bringing it inside the building, at my evening/night job, so, in effect, I was carrying concealed, off-body, much of the time.

*Tuffy Security Products makes tailgate-mounted lock boxes for the JK Wrangler, that are about 30 inches long, and for the newer JL Wrangler, that are about 34 inches long. (Interior clearance will be a bit less, of course.) I am thinking that these would work, on any flat surface, and have found some nice threaded holes, hidden under the plastic trim on the rear face of my single-cab Toyota Tundra. The threaded holes accommodate seat belt anchor points, for baby seats, a need for which I do not have.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    A factory gun or just the upper? Is it suppressed? I have had good experience with BCM
    Factory complete.

I run it often with an Omega 9K, but sometimes I run it wo the can.

cc

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Ruger just popped a charger vs. of their 9mm carbine which appears perfect for this.
    Those Ruger carbines seem to run pretty well, and are very economical. I'll add to the chorus that CZ Scorpions seem like a very solid out-of-the-box solution.

But I'll argue that the main advantage of a semi-auto PDW relative to a handgun is a "rifle" caliber. So, I haven't considered any of the little 9mm's for defensive use.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List