Page 5 of 206 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I'm wondering why the larger 9mm PCCs get the nod these days.

The B&T TP9 gets almost no mention, anywhere, when people talk about PDWs. It seems like the perfect PDW to me, if you're jumping down to pistol calibers. If I can fit an APC9K, I can fit a Honey Badger, so I'd rather have the latter.

The TP9 will fit in much smaller bags, and weighs half as much as the other options. It's something that's been on my radar for a while with great interest.
    I looked at the TP9, but I passed due to cost and also due to the magazine in grip design being an issue with some jurisdictions.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I'm wondering why the larger 9mm PCCs get the nod these days.

The B&T TP9 gets almost no mention, anywhere, when people talk about PDWs. It seems like the perfect PDW to me, if you're jumping down to pistol calibers. If I can fit an APC9K, I can fit a Honey Badger, so I'd rather have the latter.

The TP9 will fit in much smaller bags, and weighs half as much as the other options. It's something that's been on my radar for a while with great interest.
    I am not familiar with the TP9, beyond looking at one on the web. I would be curious how they shoot.

The APC 9 Pro G fits in my GR1, takes Glock magazines, and I can shoot it nearly as well as a 16 inch MPX. I keep it at hand overnight when camping in the Sprinter out in the desert. If I had to shoot from inside the Sprinter, it will almost certainly be without ear pro, and while I prefer .300 BLK, everything is a trade off. The APC9 Pro is easier to get in a regular pack.

Name:  AC525C3E-1A58-4A54-8A8C-53BB61523ED3.jpg
Views: 1772
Size:  47.2 KB

Name:  CADA9194-C020-4932-AB82-F09E39CB0298.jpg
Views: 2016
Size:  47.5 KB

Name:  2990C8A4-1C27-4438-A87B-EF7F805C315E.jpg
Views: 1775
Size:  62.3 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Ok - I are an analyst, so I’m always open to reassessing past decisions.

If a guy wanted to rebarrel a 7.5” 5.56 to an 8” .300 BLK, what is involved? New barrel and bolt?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Ok - I are an analyst, so I’m always open to reassessing past decisions.

If a guy wanted to rebarrel a 7.5” 5.56 to an 8” .300 BLK, what is involved? New barrel and bolt?
    I are not a gunsmith, but I think it is just barrel not the bolt.

Let's talk PDW's

@HeavyDuty, yes just the barrel is different. You’ll likely need a heavier buffer for supersonic 300 BLK. I use an H3.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    There are currently zero quality 5.56mm PD/HD/Duty ammunition offerings with a performance window that will reach down into the muzzle velocity of a 5-9" barrel, let alone 25 or more yards downrange. None. I've seen all the big LE duty ammo players tested (Hornady, Winchester, Speer) to FBI protocol, and not one will open up in bare gel, let alone show even marginal auto glass performance. FMJ relies on velocity to yaw and fragment, so same story there. Based on what I've seen, 5.56 users would be better off with >10.5" barrels, and a PDW stock or LAW folder to make things more compact.
    I mean, Gold Dot is suppose to expand down to ~1700 FPS, so... should be good for 100 yards and in even with a 7.5" barrel, particularly with some of the lighter bullets? I would be very interested in seeing what testing you've seen that contradicts that, so that I can stop spouting off that line when people ask about super-short .223 guns.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I looked at the TP9, but I passed due to cost and also due to the magazine in grip design being an issue with some jurisdictions.
    Wouldn’t that be the other way around?

In many places it’s when the mag is outside the grip that it causes issues.

FWIW, the TP9 seems cool, but I can’t get a read on if they are reliable long-term.

I thought about the TP9 as well for “PDW” realm which is strictly a braced pistol for me.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I know, 9mm will get me killed on the streets...

Attachment 50793
    How is the reliability with the scorpion pistol? I'm actually looking at the Scorpion Micro right now and trying to decide now on it.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rca90gsx View Post
    How is the reliability with the scorpion pistol? I'm actually looking at the Scorpion Micro right now and trying to decide now on it.

Thanks!
    The Evo pistols have the reputation of being reliable as long as you use factory length magazines without extensions and leave the trigger stock.

Thanks! I appreciate that. The micro seems like it would be a great PDW setup, since it already comes with the pistol brace etc... I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The Evo pistols have the reputation of being reliable as long as you use factory length magazines without extensions and leave the trigger stock.

User Tag List