Page 191 of 206 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 2052

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    The NFA is so inconsistent and confusing. You can SBR an AR pistol and you can always return it to pistol fo figuration as a non-NFA item. Shotgun “firearm” to SBS means you can’t return it to “firearm” configuration?
    Correct with the AR pistol. However, my lowers are pretty much all standard (magazine adapters can come out easily), so the engraved one will stay as the SBR lower... other stocked ones for rifles, and braced ones for pistols. Easy peasy.

The way I see it, you can’t go back to a firearm if you add a stock. If that were the case, I should be able to pull my 870P, and create a firearm (ATF has stated as such since the Shockwave came out). For people to make their own 12 Gauge firearms, it tends to require a virgin receiver.

It is a stupid concept, like the once a machine gun, always a machine gun... but that’s they game they currently play. I’ll play... at least until the overnight “you’re a felon” round.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    For s***s and giggles, I may have just picked up two SBA3s...
    Look carefully at the REs they come with. The one on mine was the worst metal I've ever seen on an RE. Cut it apart so it could never accidentally get used, but I can keep it around as an example of how crappy aftermarket parts can be.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

At the risk of derailing everything, and stipulating that I should probably just text DB this question directly, what is my downside for just using my AUG in this role - home, car, MAYBE backpack?

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    At the risk of derailing everything, and stipulating that I should probably just text DB this question directly, what is my downside for just using my AUG in this role - home, car, MAYBE backpack?
    Only you can determine whether there's a downside or not for your personal use. If you can't think of one, use it until you find one or more that makes you look at other options.

I think that for most users the downsides of bullpups are vastly overblown, and in most cases it would make a fine choice. People have a tendency to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

With that said, it's going to be quite a bit larger than most of the weapons we're discussing here as they have folding stocks. You're going to need a much larger bag than you would need for even a folding Mk18, which in my opinion is really kind of big for a PDW to begin with. IIRC, a folded Mk18 will be almost 8" shorter than an AUG when stowed. Again, I don't really consider even a 10" barreled Mk18 to be a proper PDW and really pushing the envelope.....so we're way outside the working parameters for the concept here.

It's just not really a PDW sized weapon, and you're not going to fit an AUG in commonly used bags that look like you're just another dude walking around with a camera, laptop or gym clothes.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

@TGS noted some things, but to me the question is can you legally carry a concealed loaded rifle? The selling point of the PDW is most of them are pistols, and covered by a CCW.

As one replay already indicated, check your local laws, regarding concealment of long guns, and, importantly, whether loaded/unloaded is a factor. Look in the fish and game laws, as well as the weapon laws.

In some places, an improvised container/cover for a long gun may be illegal concealment.

Texas law, for example, is amazingly long-gun-friendly, while not being the friendliest regarding handgun carry. Know; do not just guess.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Keep in mind that a backpack, that is tall enough to contain a 26” to 27” rifle or shotgun, whether bullpup, folding, or other-ish, is not as portable as those that can accommodate as weapon that is foldable into a 20” to 21” package. There are places that will not allow folks to stroll around with “large backpacks,” but will tolerate bags and backpacks that are suited for large laptops. Keeping your 26.5” on your person will place practical limitations upon your freedom of movement.

To be clear, I am not anti-bullpup. I have a PS90, and know how much trouble it is to carry
    Last edited by Rex G; 11-19-2020 at 02:10 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

All very good points!! Thank you! This gives me a lot to think about.

Primary Arms was running a big sale on Vertx products today so I purchased a Gamut Checkpoint for about $100. It should be able to fit my AR pistol properly. I was hoping to get one of the normal looking colors but they sold out very quickly and I was only able to get on in brighter green that I’d have preferred. Now I’m just waiting for my suppressor to get out of jail.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List