Page 129 of 206 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2052

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Do it. I really like the BCM Gunfighter Mod 3: good texture, well done storage compartment, thicker and wider than an A2 grip so it fits my hand better, covers the gap behind the trigger guard. It’s so much more comfortable for my wrist than the A2 grip angle, especially when standing in a “patrol ready” or carrying the rifle for any period of time.
    Magpul K2 lives on my pistols. I'm digging the more vertical grip with the shorter brace...

Quote Originally Posted by bruceride View Post
    Magpul K2 lives on my pistols. I'm digging the more vertical grip with the shorter brace...
    I was going to post the same thing. I’m liking their K and K2 on shorter stocks and braces.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I've gone the opposite way. All my VFGs are gone, except on one Mk18 that has UV laser and light controls that work best with a VFG as a bandstop. Check out all the top PCC shooters... no VFGs.

https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2019/...c-competition/

Possibly a stupid question.....why does he have two RDS? Wouldn't magnified on top, and RDS offset make more sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    Possibly a stupid question.....why does he have two RDS? Wouldn't magnified on top, and RDS offset make more sense?
    This is for competition, so offset RDS is used for shots around barricades, rather than being a backup sight.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    What, if anything, do we like for hand stops/indexing devices so our dumb asses don't let our hands sneak off the front of a really short handguard on our PDWs? I've never really thought about them until thinking about a 7-in. handguard.

When it comes to furniture, I tend to baseline by seeing what Magpul does. MAG608 looks pretty minimalist and seems like it should work well.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    What, if anything, do we like for hand stops/indexing devices so our dumb asses don't let our hands sneak off the front of a really short handguard on our PDWs? I've never really thought about them until thinking about a 7-in. handguard.

When it comes to furniture, I tend to baseline by seeing what Magpul does. MAG608 looks pretty minimalist and seems like it should work well.
    I’m a short VFG fan. I use it as more of a hand wedge than a grip. I prefer something that has a flat surface on the front so I can jam the weapon against a wall, barricade, vehicle, etc. my favorite to date is the Anchor / LDAG from Railscales. For extra safety on my 300BLK (8.5” bbl and 7” handguard) I have a finger stop from Arisaka Defense.

The AR or PDW weapons that are “handguns” can’t have a VFG so the user would need an angled foregrip and/or finger stop. I find that stupid but so are many of our gun laws.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    I’m using a little stop from Black Slate Industries.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post

I have been using the MAG608 backwards.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    In PCC they don't use magnified simply because range and target difficulty is not there (I don't even know if magnified is ok by the rules).

Second optic is for hard support side leans when it is really tough to keep the carbine vertically. This is all in the name of speed, although it is not uniformally agreed that second RDS is really better for that.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    In PCC they don't use magnified simply because range and target difficulty is not there (I don't even know if magnified is ok by the rules).
    It's allowed, just pointless (as you indicated.) Other than the rare PCC-only match, the same targets will have to be shot by competitors shooting pistols (many with iron sights), so there's not going to be any targets where a magnified optic would be needed.

User Tag List