Page 173 of 206 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 2052

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    @Default.mp3 has been holding out on us and posted up this sweet ass OAL chart over on m4 carbine forums.

The spec sheet says that a P90 is 19.88”; for comparison:
    SCAR 16 CQC is 21" folded
    MK18 with a LAW is 20.75" folded
    DDM4 PDW is 20.75" collapsed
    Q Honey Badger is 20" collapsed
    H&K G36C is 19.69" folded
    Krink folded is 19.375"
    Maxim Defense PDX is 18.75" collapsed
    Robinson Arms XCR-L Micro is 18" folded
    H&K MP7 is 16.3" collapsed
    SIG Rattler is 16" folded
    H&K MP5K-PDW is 14.53" folded
    B&T APC9 K is 12.7" folded
    B&T MP9 is 11.9"
    Flux Defense MP17 is 10.75" collapsed
    B&T USW-G17 is 10.67" folded
    B&T USW-A1 is 10.12" folded
    Shit, now people know I slum over there.

All numbers are pulled from open source sources, so they might be a bit inexact.

Mildly on-topic, this was an... interesting idea that a Soviet designer came up with for a PDW-type weapon: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...efense-weapon/

Never adopted, but apparently kicked off some programs that ultimately led to the adoption of the Krink.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 05-24-2020 at 09:58 PM.

Didn’t see this posted. Garand Thumb’s Honey Badger review. Interesting that he mentions folks tried to sway him to do a negative review.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P-y3cZ...ature=youtu.be

I still want one. I do wish he would stop calling it a “murder gun” as there’s an assface liberal prosecutor out there somewhere who will use that video against a citizen after a good shoot with one.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Didn’t see this posted. Garand Thumb’s Honey Badger review. Interesting that he mentions folks tried to sway him to do a negative review.
    Kevin has pissed off a lot of people in the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    Kevin has pissed off a lot of people in the industry.
    I’ve followed some of the drama. But to bully a third party into not doing a review or purposely being dishonest on a review speaks volumes about the douchebags who would do that. If you don’t like him then build a better product. But if what GT said is true then they are no better than the person they dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I finally have had my third range session ringing out the Palmetto 7.5" upper (picture back on Post 1441)on my registered SBR.

Folded, this thing is 19.5" so I figure I can work one of these backpack solutions from the other thread. I passed about 750 rounds down range with no malfunctions today. Wanted to share my chrono data.

Temperature 80deg F, altitude 870 feet, 10 shot groups.

Barnes 110gr VOR-TX solid copper, black tips
    Average: 2077.20
    StdDev: 9.23
    Min: 2064
    Max: 2085
    Spread: 21

Hornady 110gr GMX, solid copper red tips
    Average: 2037.63
    StdDev: 22.56
    Min: 2014
    Max: 2076
    Spread: 62

Hornady 110gr VMAX (AMAX JHP, red ballistic tip, lead core)
    Average: 2079.10
    StdDev: 11.00
    Min: 2066
    Max: 2098
    Spread: 32

What most impressed me was how tight all three rounds grouped from this barrel. I probably have the best upper of this type Palmetto ever made or the best barrel they ever cranked out or something. I was using a 2 moa red dot, Sig Romeo 5, firing groups at 2" circle stickers from 50 yards.

At that distance with my old eye sight it is difficult not to perceive the 2" target dot as mostly covered by the red dot, so my accuracy is not outstanding in the first place. However with this stuff, I am shooting tighter groups at that distance than anything else I can do with a non magnified red dot on any platform I own.

The Barnes 10 shot group, hell maybe this stuff is actually worth $2 a round...

Attachment 54649

The V-Max, a 20 shot group, again, with my old eyes and a red dot that practically covers the target dot at 50 yards, I will take this all day.

Attachment 54650

In terms of zero's I found about 1/2 moa difference at 50 yards between all three rounds, and light angle/shade/shooter error might even account for most of that.

I may have to stick a serious scope on this thing and shoot it once just to see what it can do.

As for its PDW capability with this optic and the Barnes ammo, it doesn't get any better for me....can't.
    What buffer are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by spelingmastir View Post
    What buffer are you using?
    Plain old Carbine H1, I went to the range every session so far with a H2 in hand ready for this thing to balk and need it, but it never has. Of course only shooting supersonic rounds.

Work has been crazy busy, and by extension home, so I've missed out on about a month of PF time and this conversation.

Still using my DDM4 PDW for about everything. Tote it around in a tennis racquet bag with suppressor attached mostly, but occasionally take off the can and stuff it in a GR1. It has supplanted a 16" 5.56 AR for HD. It's so compact and handy, doing exactly what I need and want a rifle cartridge launcher to do. It's one of those, "why didn't I do this sooner?" things for sure.

I've moved to Lancer 300blk mags only, and keep a 20rd stoked with Hornady 110gr GMX in it all the time, carry a 30rd mag for spare, and also a 20rd mag of Hornady 190gr Sub-X (just because I guess, no defined reason).

As it sits right now, at home.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Work has been crazy busy, and by extension home, so I've missed out on about a month of PF time and this conversation.

Still using my DDM4 PDW for about everything. Tote it around in a tennis racquet bag with suppressor attached mostly, but occasionally take off the can and stuff it in a GR1. It has supplanted a 16" 5.56 AR for HD. It's so compact and handy, doing exactly what I need and want a rifle cartridge launcher to do. It's one of those, "why didn't I do this sooner?" things for sure.

I've moved to Lancer 300blk mags only, and keep a 20rd stoked with Hornady 110gr GMX in it all the time, carry a 30rd mag for spare, and also a 20rd mag of Hornady 190gr Sub-X (just because I guess, no defined reason).

Sweet, me want.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post

Question -- what exactly is StairtR afraid of. Answer — not a damn thing.

My Rattler is out, camped for the night in the Sprinter.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Just threw my Vox S onto my Rattler...

Edit: rattler with vox is about 1 inch longer than an sr30...
    @GJM you get your sr30 sorted?
    Last edited by Grey; 06-04-2020 at 10:31 PM.

User Tag List