Page 36 of 206 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Sorry for the Photobucket watermarks.

My B&T TP9 that I sold in a fit of stupidity.

And another I used to own.... Norinco Type 97A 12.5 inch barrel, 1:7 Twist. I believe it was only 26 inches long, if I recall correctly...

"Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

I keep waiting for a shooting report on the TP9 — how is it?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I keep waiting for a shooting report on the TP9 — how is it?
    It was probably the best 9mm PDW I have ever shot. Accurate, reliable, low recoil due to the rotating barrel, and very lightweight. I couldn’t shake the feeling that the mags were not robust, even though I never had any problems with them. I wish I had never sold it.

My perfect PDW would be a TP9 with a pic rail instead of the vert grip (I found the vert grip a little big), that accepts Glock mags. Please someone make that gun.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    It was probably the best 9mm PDW I have ever shot. Accurate, reliable, low recoil due to the rotating barrel, and very lightweight. I couldn’t shake the feeling that the mags were not robust, even though I never had any problems with them. I wish I had never sold it.

My perfect PDW would be a TP9 with a pic rail instead of the vert grip (I found the vert grip a little big), that accepts Glock mags. Please someone make that gun.
    https://customsmithmfg.com/shop/ols/...tinny-tri-rail

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    For those that care: GJM is 30% faster with a shoulder fired gun he doesn't with at nearly as much as his pistol.
    Man, it's almost like three-points of contact with the body and more gun to drive and shoot with makes one shoot better all else being equal.
    ___

And let's be fair GJM is a better shooter than most of us are, certainly better than me.

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    GJM, that's how I felt when handling the SIG Rattler, it felt so small I felt like I wouldnt have a good purchase on it with my Condor wingspan. I went Mk18 to actually gain a little size.
    The Rattler does feel extremely small. However for the limited roles this weapon was designed for it's a good fit. I carry mine in what I consider a discreet bag. While this limits the speed the weapon can be deployed, by staying aware of your environment, processing, problem solving and adapting a planned response makes it practical. Dry practice and mentally running "What if" scenarios in your mind.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    If one doesn’t have a stack of Glock magazines at home - is there a compelling reason to opt for the Glock mag lower over the B&T mag lower?

For a $2500 gun, I’m kind of ASSuming cost of magazines isn’t a big deal overall.
    There's just something oddly derpy looking about hanging a Glock mag off a long gun. It just looks odd and broken and I know they probably work great, and you get compatibility and all that.
    But it still looks wrong, somehow.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    It was probably the best 9mm PDW I have ever shot. Accurate, reliable, low recoil due to the rotating barrel, and very lightweight. I couldn’t shake the feeling that the mags were not robust, even though I never had any problems with them.
    this mirrors my experience exactly

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    this mirrors my experience exactly
    Which part — best shooting or questions about the magazines?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My perfect PDW would be a TP9 with a pic rail instead of the vert grip (I found the vert grip a little big)
    B&T has a version with a factory pic rail that is lower profile than the Smith add-on: https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/products/b-t-tp9-fde

Smith MFG, in addition to their aftermarket rail, also has a 45% AFG made to replace the grip module, and it's legal for pistols. They also have it for the APC9. @DanM

Dan, Clobbersaurus, and @GJM.....

....are we about to all buy TP9s at the same time? Is this happening?
    Last edited by TGS; 04-03-2020 at 07:13 AM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List