Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Frame Mounted RDS on Handguns

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Presuming you’re looking for a concealed option, shorter slides offer less movement of the dot which is why the G19X, G45, and Sig P320 Carry are popular for optics.
    The range of the movement of a pistol slide in cycling is independent of its length.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by zeleny View Post
    The range of the movement of a pistol slide in cycling is independent of its length.
    Yea. Just went and compared a G34 to a G26 and you’re correct. Maybe it was the mass of the slide making a longer one feel more bouncy? I haven’t been able to find the old thread that discussed what I’m failing to explain...

Edit: found it.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....KM-compensator

Quote Originally Posted by Dov View Post
    I've looked at this idea for Ruger revolvers with Weig-a-tinny mount, you could actually add irons to backup Red Dot that way as well with longer Weig-a-tinny.
    I keep looking at that too. My main idea is to get someone with a CNC machine to duplicate one in steel with space at front and rear for <insert brand> dovetails.

User Tag List