Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus authoritarianism thread

That is a good way to start a fight..

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    She has also authorized use of the NG to go door-to-door looking for New Yorkers;

https://nypost.com/2020/03/28/rhode-...avirus-refuge/

Waiting for Emperor Cuomo to reciprocate.
    Goddamn, that reminds me of the Revolution. Unsat. It’s truly amazing how liberal leaders go authoritarian so quickly and easily. I wonder under what police powers they are operating?
    #RESIST

I can't remember the plot but IIRC it was a virus.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I have no doubt that sending the Guard door to door looking for people and checking their documentation will end perfectly fine with no incidents.

I am just wondering about the wailing and lamentations that would occur if you substituted "illegal aliens" with COVID-19......

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    It’s an ill wind . . .

Add California, Maryland and Massachusetts, make it nationwide, let’s call it a day.

We're under a basic lockdown in Alaska. We aren't supposed to travel unless you are an "essential" employee or going to get supplies. Also, there is freedom of movement if you are engaged in "recreation"... so basically it's not a lockdown

Intrastate and Interstate air travel (a big deal in AK) is now restricted to "essential" travel only. Not sure what that means either.

Everything has been poorly defined, and no enforcement is in place.

I'm going snowmobiling today with a group of people that I have had contact with multiple times in the last three weeks. We'll keep our distances from each other and have a good time. Four of us worked together on Monday and Tuesday, so we're going to work together again lifting a beam for a cabin one of them is building. Since they are allowing "social distancing" at businesses that are still open, I don't figure my activities are going to be much of a risk to the general public.

On the business side of things, until multiple guys with badges shut me down, I won't be closing the doors. I will send home the employees, but I have enough family members to run the show and we will continue to do so.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    We're under a basic lockdown in Alaska. We aren't supposed to travel unless you are an "essential" employee or going to get supplies. Also, there is freedom of movement if you are engaged in "recreation"... so basically it's not a lockdown

Intrastate and Interstate air travel (a big deal in AK) is now restricted to "essential" travel only. Not sure what that means either.

Everything has been poorly defined, and no enforcement is in place.

I'm going snowmobiling today with a group of people that I have had contact with multiple times in the last three weeks. We'll keep our distances from each other and have a good time. Four of us worked together on Monday and Tuesday, so we're going to work together again lifting a beam for a cabin one of them is building. Since they are allowing "social distancing" at businesses that are still open, I don't figure my activities are going to be much of a risk to the general public.

On the business side of things, until multiple guys with badges shut me down, I won't be closing the doors. I will send home the employees, but I have enough family members to run the show and we will continue to do so.
    If you sell building material and construction supplies your business should fall under the “critical infrastructure” classification that allows you to remain open.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    If you sell building material and construction supplies your business should fall under the “critical infrastructure” classification that allows you to remain open.
    For now. Five days ago I wouldn't have even imagined the steps the State of Alaska is going through.

I am sure it has been covered before, but how well can they track a cellphone if location data is turned off?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

NSA & Covid-19

"You're welcome, I'm sure, Mr. Trump. Toodaloo!"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List