Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus authoritarianism thread

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Has there ever been a statewide or large city quarantine?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ey-connecticut
    Some interesting history from the 1918 pandemic: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/h...navirus/#close

(note it will ask for an email address but doesn't verify it's a real one before letting you read the article)
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    And even when you have all the settings on "don't interact with my voice," it still seems to show ads or provide search suggestions about stuff you might have muttered under your breath.

Make that a sound-resistant ammo box...
    So that may be from other data, you texts, emails etc, or your location data.

I drive by two business on my way home from work that I have no interest in or contact with but when I drive by them with a podcast playing on YouTube I get ads for them.

Site Supporter
    https://www.ksat.com/news/national/2...e-of-new-york/

Trump says he’s considering short-term quarantine of New York, New Jersey, parts of Connecticut

If you want to be technical Trump cannot order an interstate quarantine but he can direct the surgeon general to order one under 42 USC 264 and 42 CFR part 71.

They really screwed the pooch dragging their feet with the stimulus package. People would be a lot less panicked, a lot more patient, and a lot more willing to do what they're told after getting a big chunk of change in their bank account. A quarantine would just ratchet up the stress on all involved. I hope the powers that be realize that for the most part, people have been taking this really, really well. Even as their jobs and daily routines evaporate. I feel like the veneer of civilization is wearing very thin in some spots and the wrong move is going to bust right through. NYC is struggling enough as it is. Know what wouldn't help? Riots. Fires. Looting.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://www.ksat.com/news/national/2...e-of-new-york/

Trump says he’s considering short-term quarantine of New York, New Jersey, parts of Connecticut

If you want to be technical Trump cannot order an interstate quarantine but he can direct the surgeon general to order one under 42 USC 264 and 42 CFR part 71.
    I didnt realize trump wanted to start the boog...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Logistically, I'm not sure how the fed proposes to do that. Governors won't support it with state LE, at least Cuomo won't. The fed couldn't even round up a bunch of Bundy's cows in NV. Should be interesting.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

NY needs all of the ventilators, but none of the restrictions my infectious disease doctor brother in law recommends. Makes sense.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    NY needs all of the ventilators, but none of the restrictions my infectious disease doctor brother in law recommends. Makes sense.
    Residents fleeing to other states and bringing the virus with them isnt standard protocol for a pandemic?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    NY has special needs now. Nothing good comes out of NYC. Now it's people fleeing the virus. I've been trying to tell you that but you just won't listen Wyomin Boy.
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-28-2020 at 07:21 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I didnt realize trump wanted to start the boog...

So in the middle of the big libertarian circle jerk here, You may have forgotten that there is still a serious threat from a communicable disease that Hass to be dealt with.

Rights are balanced by responsibilities.

Logistics aside, the federal government has both the statutory and constitutional authority to establish and maintain interstate quarantine to prevent the spread of communicable disease. An interstate quarantine falls pretty squarely into that whole interstate commerce thing...

User Tag List