Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus authoritarianism thread

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Faraday cell phone bags suddenly seem interesting

https://www.amazon.com/Faraday-Wisdo...s%2C177&sr=8-5
    Am I the only one who's considered an ammo can bolted to the floor in the truck as a cell phone carrier?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whomever View Post
    I'm not sure what the mayor means by 'hunt down the last .1%'
    I'd feel comfortable betting he doesn't either and has no idea what processes it would require even if he did. Politician talking out his ass so he looks tough on the pandemic, most likely.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quarantine on New York, New Jersey, Connecticut

Has there ever been a statewide or large city quarantine?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ey-connecticut

President Trump on Saturday said he is considering imposing an enforceable quarantine on New York, parts of New Jersey and parts of Connecticut as part of the efforts to curb the spread of the coronavirus.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

I have been getting e-mail updates from Europe via Claire Berlinski's commentary service (Look up Claire's Invariably Interesting Thoughts if you want to subscribe.)

Apparently, in both France and Italy, the government officials are resorting to public verbal abuse of their citizens, calling them idiots and worse during official press conferences

and the Indian Police are getting the Lathis out to enforce stay-at-home orders:

https://twitter.com/paulanawfal/stat...973009418?s=20

I'm told the fine for breaking curfew in Paris is now 500 euros for a first offense, and you can be jailed for repeated non-compliance.

And there were protests turned to riots this morning in Xinjiang province in the PRC, with police beaten and their vehicles overturned and set afire.

To paraphrase Al Swearengen, "Fuckin' Interesting Times..."
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

What, am I the only one who leaves their cell at home when I go out to do hood rat shit under quarantine?
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    What, am I the only one who leaves their cell at home when I go out to do hood rat shit under quarantine?

"One badass guitar twangin' cholo...yep, dat's me!"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I am sure it has been covered before, but how well can they track a cellphone if location data is turned off?
    Which location data ? The regular phone which is constantly pinging towers ? The GPS location data ? the ad tracker ?

Also with sealed smart phones how do you even know the phone itself is “off?” Short of a faraday bag, you don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

"One badass guitar twangin' cholo...yep, dat's me!"
    Where’s Quickdraw’s sidekick Babba Louie?

"Puedes verme ahora?"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

"Puedes verme ahora?"
    There we go... You know you’re showing your age when you know who those cartoon characters are..😜

On a related note..was talking to a friend of mine yesterday, he lives in Port Clinton Oh, and supposedly the state was supposed to close the docks they operate, and they didn’t..Well, now they have a bunch of people from Pennsylvania, New York there, walleye fishing..and probably spreading Coronavirus...

User Tag List