Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Model 10 deal?

Just had to order another Hi-Grip for my pending model 10. Showed the Barami to a buddy with a model 15 to try out and got cash back instead the stocks.

Site Supporter

Model 10 deal?

Picked up mine today. Here’s a picture with its siblings:

It looks like it is in pretty good shape. However,the cylinder seems to be a bit stiff.

I’m still newish to revolvers so I have a few questions:

- What would be a few basic steps I should take to inspect this revolver or any used revolver?

- Aside from this forum of course, what resources have you found (Books, articles, etc.) have you found helpful?

- Any recommendations for helping the cylinder move more freely?

Thanks to @Wayne Dobbs and @Dagga Boy for introducing/enabling me into the revolver world.
    Last edited by k_dub; 04-23-2020 at 09:15 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by k_dub View Post
    Picked up mine today. Here’s a picture with its siblings:

It looks like it is in pretty good shape. However,the cylinder seems to be a bit stiff.

I’m still newish to revolvers so I have a few questions:

- What would be a few basic steps I should take to inspect this revolver or any used revolver?

- Aside from this forum of course, what resources have you found (Books, articles, etc.) have you found helpful?

- Any recommendations for helping the cylinder move more freely?

Thanks to @Wayne Dobbs and @Dagga Boy for introducing/enabling me into the revolver world.
    Still haven't gotten mine but what I've seen of these look very good. For a great inspection routine, look at this:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...a-Wheelgun-101

The guy writing this is a retired industry guy on the manufacturing and QC side of things. He's the best I've seen for technical information on revolvers and all handgun ammo/reloading.

PM/call/email me on that slow cylinder and I'll tell you what it usually is and how to fix it.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Just had to order another Hi-Grip for my pending model 10. Showed the Barami to a buddy with a model 15 to try out and got cash back instead the stocks.
    I've never heard of either, what are Hi Grips? Or did you mean the hip grips with the built in belt clip?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobert1035 View Post
    I've never heard of either, what are Hi Grips? Or did you mean the hip grips with the built in belt clip?
    Typo, Hip-Grips:

https://www.gunsandammo.com/editoria...ip-grip/248015

I plan to bob the hammer, mount a Hip-Grip over an old Pahmayr grip adapter, pick up a leather thumb-break OWB, and have an old-fashioned setup that can double as a possible loaner.

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Typo, Hip-Grips:

https://www.gunsandammo.com/editoria...ip-grip/248015

I plan to bob the hammer, mount a Hip-Grip over an old Pahmayr grip adapter, pick up a leather thumb-break OWB, and have an old-fashioned setup that can double as a possible loaner.
    Kinda the direction i went with a m64 i have
    Name:  20200424_095333.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  52.4 KB

I hate every last one of you. Had to go get a copy of my guy's FFL to scan and send the seller. While there, I noticed a Ruger LCP II Lite Rack in 22 Long Rifle which was one of the first two he got in. One is now on layaway. He also has a 4" pre-lock S&W model 586 with square butt and 4" barrel for under seven bills. So very close to calling, having him set it aside for me as well, and finish paying it off with Trump Bucks whenevrr they roll in. Good deal on an old K-frame up until I have to set my impulsive foot in a fun dealer and then the hidden costs pop up.

Someone remind me my wife will ask why I went to get the ball rolling on one gun and wound up with three. Because the two for sure right now is bad enough.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Kinda the direction i went with a m64 i have
    Name:  20200424_095333.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  52.4 KB
    Yep. My i had the hammer bobbed on my model 13 and am awaiting a T-grip now.

Just got a shipping notice.

Wish i would have got one of these!

User Tag List