Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Model 10 deal?

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Yep. My i had the hammer bobbed on my model 13 and am awaiting a T-grip now.
    I don't know why I like the factory wood grip + T-grip adapter look so much, but I do. Feels great, too. A friend has an 80s k-frame .38 snubby set up that way, handed down from his police armorer grandpa.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    My finger spread is 9-1/4", which I'm told makes my hand pretty big. Still, I love the feel of S&W Magna stocks and a grip adapter. There is a feeling of control I don't get out of larger grips or stocks.

Dave

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by k_dub View Post
    Picked up mine today. Here’s a picture with its siblings:

It looks like it is in pretty good shape. However,the cylinder seems to be a bit stiff.

I’m still newish to revolvers so I have a few questions:

- What would be a few basic steps I should take to inspect this revolver or any used revolver?

- Aside from this forum of course, what resources have you found (Books, articles, etc.) have you found helpful?

- Any recommendations for helping the cylinder move more freely?

Thanks to @Wayne Dobbs and @Dagga Boy for introducing/enabling me into the revolver world.
    k_dub and I met at Dallas Pistol Club today to inspect and clean his 10-5 bought on this deal. It was predictably nasty inside and the cylinder/crane assembly needed a full strip and detail cleaning. The gun was worn from a cosmetic angle, but the mechanics were perfect in all respects. I doubt the revolver had seen 1000 rounds. We got it good and clean, then relubed and reassembled. It is very nice, with a smooth (but a tiny bit heavy) DA pull. I'm waiting on mine and if mine is as good, it will be the second best gun deal I've ever made. The best gun deal I've ever made was a NIB HK P7M8 for $150 but that's another story!
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    k_dub and I met at Dallas Pistol Club today to inspect and clean his 10-5 bought on this deal. It was predictably nasty inside and the cylinder/crane assembly needed a full strip and detail cleaning. The gun was worn from a cosmetic angle, but the mechanics were perfect in all respects. I doubt the revolver had seen 1000 rounds. We got it good and clean, then relubed and reassembled. It is very nice, with a smooth (but a tiny bit heavy) DA pull. I'm waiting on mine and if mine is as good, it will be the second best gun deal I've ever made. The best gun deal I've ever made was a NIB HK P7M8 for $150 but that's another story!
    I can’t say thank you enough for the cleaning and the time you spent with me explaining how this new to me 10-5 is put together.

It makes me understand and appreciate how much more craftsmanship was mixed in with engineering even 45 years ago compared to present day.

Got a shipping notice. Will have my harried dealer sit on it for a week or two until I make full payment on my LCP II Lite Rack to have him only need run one background check on me. Will order a service weight Wolff hammer spring in the meantime. I like the reduced weight Wolff unit in my other model 10 and would like to try the other. Will already be in there checking, cleaning, lubing, bobbing the hammer, and swapping stocks so might as well pop in a new spring.

Have some Precision Delta 148 grain wadcutters, Geco 158 grain lead round nose, and Precision Delta 158 grain semi-wadcutters to try out. If I have some extra time on a dry day, will cast up some 105 grain SWC to powdercoat and size to load over Trail Boss and check POI with the lead saving fluff load. Also want to scrounge up some Buffalo Bore standard pressure LSWCHP in the next few weeks to check in the gun. Then to get serious about holster bids so it can stop sharing with the 4" model 10 my daughter claimed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Got a shipping notice.
    How long did you wait from order to shipping notice? I've been waiting since 04/20.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

The best gun deal I've ever made was a NIB HK P7M8 for $150 but that's another story!
    Wait.....what????

How long did you wait from order to shipping notice? I've been waiting since 04/20.
    Placed my order on 4/18, they contacted my dealer on 4/23 but lack a fax machine, and I e-mailed a copy of the FFL on 4/26.

Site Supporter
    Mine took 14 days from the order being placed to the label being created.

Site Supporter
    For me it was two weeks from order to shipping 4/7-4/21.

User Tag List