Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pepper spray

Student
    My three best recommendations:

1) Purchase of an inert trainer canister as similar to the live model as possible, preferable more than one, to determine best draw technique, effective distance and number of shots. Empty trainers are excellent dry practice tools too.
    2) User should not stay in place too long while firing. Continue moving while firing simultaneously if possible.
    3) It is discreet and socially acceptable to have spray in hand while moving in a transitional space, i.e. in a parking lot, returning to your vehicle after leaving work.

You know more about your acquaintance than anyone else on this board, so you are in the best position to assess/inquire which of the following videos will be something they will actually watch and learn from. For example, they may not care to sit through Mr. Haggard's overview of OC or managing unknown contacts.

David Nance of Sabre:

John Correia (approx 1:00 mark, "across the ears, and from top to bottom." Hosing someone down with a long, sustained stream is more likely to delay effectiveness):

Chuck Haggard (playlist as previously mentioned. Some deployment is practiced in the last video)

John Murphy (timeskip to 4:06 in case the embedded link doesn't work. Model is Sabre Red Mk6 which has a clip designed for left-side carry):

Annette Evans:

https://www.facebook.com/onherownlif...6082394359726/

Timely blog post by Greg Ellifritz on this very topic this morning. Worth checking out.

https://www.activeresponsetraining.n...-how-to-use-it
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Student
    Mr. Ellifritz's blog articles are the first thing that came to mind, but video format was specified.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Mr. Ellifritz's blog articles are the first thing that came to mind, but video format was specified.
    C'mon, bro'. This ain't a competition between friends. It popped up on the radar this morning and I'm sharing it as it's relevant. If someone doesn't want to read it, so be it.

Student
    Trust me, I'm not going to complain if someone posts more information for everyone. I just wanted to stay in the boundaries of what was asked.

More later, but using gel is a mistake. It takes way too long to work.

The fear of "blow back" is common for people with no experience in this area. It's a non issue.

Sometimes what you want is something that exposes a whole bunch of people right now. "mission drives the gear train".
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Who needs prepper spray?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Who needs prepper spray?
    Someone who wants a less lethal option which is compact, affordable, almost always non-injurious, allows some stand-off distance, and is effective on most people most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    Someone who wants a less lethal option which is compact, affordable, almost always non-injurious, allows some stand-off distance, and is effective on most people most of the time.
    I think you missed the attempt at humor...Prepper spray. (I may have missed it at first as well.)

That said, I think your summation was excellent.

Site Supporter
    I did miss the droll misspelling. Thanks, blues.

I will also remark that, while number of officers and use of less lethal weapons was small in my former agency, the Sabre Red OC was more frequently effective than the Taser.

User Tag List