Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Vogel Just posted a 2.98 FAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beltjones View Post
    Did you see Ben's run? His reload was under a second.
    Was it? I didn't see the numbers -- where are they posted? That's awesome!

Did anyone else notice the sound of the braying donkey at the 15 second mark? Gotta love Wapakoneta , Ohio, go bucks....
    Last edited by CCT125US; 05-16-2012 at 03:11 PM.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Did anyone else notice the sound of the braying donkey at the 15 second mark. Gotta love Wapakanetta , Ohio, go bucks....
    Yes, my neighbor down the road has a donkey and when I was listening to the video I thought it was him at first.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Did anyone else notice the sound of the braying donkey at the 15 second mark? Gotta love Wapakoneta , Ohio, go bucks....
    I was hoping it meant he was shooting a democrat somewhere downrange...
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

The video needs a slo-mo replay.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    The video needs a slo-mo replay.
    I showed it to my wife and she immediately told me to take it off fast forward!

Quote Originally Posted by beltjones View Post
    One's main piece of evidence would be that OrigamiAK dude. Holy smokes is he fast out of the holster!
    Thanks for the props bro, seriously!

I think there may be an economy of motion advantage to AIWB especially with a hands down start. In the past, I've shared the view that there is a big tradeoff with the reload from a closed front shirt. Since I adopted the more conventional support side OWB mag pouches though, I've been practicing my slidelock reload more and the times are dropping compared to where I was with that wacky double-front-IWB thing I used to run. I saw a bunch of 1.2x slidelock reloads in dry fire yesterday and today, but that was in dry fire...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    FWIW and IIRC, Todd has reported that Dave Sevigny said something similar -- that with the FAST penalty structure, he'd shoot it around 6 seconds in competition.
    That is very interesting to hear. I've found it very hard to shoot sub-5 in even a minor pressure situation.

I am very affected by stress. I'm still trying to work that out. I have nerves of butter sometimes and I melt. I have no illusions of any sub-4 run with Todd standing next to me for the only official chance at the FAST I'll have for a very long time.

So I'm curious if the videos we are seeing from Vogel and Stoeger are representative of speeds at which they can 'guarantee' the hits? I guess that's almost the same question as 'what speed would you shoot this in competition?' although I wonder if that question might hinge more on the stress of competition, as opposed to being purely an issue of 'guaranteed hits' vs. 'pretty likely hits' without regard to the stress issue.

Yeah, that was funny, especially on Vogel's facebook page where he said it sounded like a dinosaur. It was like the donkey knew awesome shooting when he heard it.

Dude, I just don't know if I'd brag about that and I'm from southern Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by OrigamiAK View Post
    So I'm curious if the videos we are seeing from Vogel and Stoeger are representative of speeds at which they can 'guarantee' the hits? I guess that's almost the same question as 'what speed would you shoot this in competition?' although I wonder if that question might hinge more on the stress of competition, as opposed to being purely an issue of 'guaranteed hits' vs. 'pretty likely hits' without regard to the stress issue.
    Shooting at a pace where I can guarantee anything will pretty much only guarantee I wont be winning the match. If you aren't fast, it doesn't matter how accurate you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Stoeger View Post
    Shooting at a pace where I can guarantee anything will pretty much only guarantee I wont be winning the match. If you aren't fast, it doesn't matter how accurate you are.
    How do you balance that with the ruthless consistency it takes to shoot 94% of the points available at a match?

Or am I asking for the entire game in a nutshell? LOL
    All I know is that I know nothing. - Socrates

User Tag List