Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Vogel Just posted a 2.98 FAST!!!!!!

Video embedded

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    I agree, big difference between shooting a FAST time in class and on your own without your peers watching.
    Bob and Ben are used to shooting for much higher stakes than a FAST coin, believe it or not. I don't mean that as a slight to Todd in any way. But let's examine facts - I don't know Ben's stats, but I know Bob won two National Championships (IDPA and USPSA) and two World Championships (IDPA and IPSC) without shooting a single miss all year in 2011. That is especially impressive if you look at the size of the IPSC targets and the difficulty of a lot of the shots at the world shoot (really fast swingers at 20+ yards with only partial exposures).

Both of these guys are world class shooters who compete against the best in the world for the most prestigious titles. I'm sorry, but I think they have the tools to cope with the pressure of standing next to an instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    You beat me to the question here.

What exactly is IDPA gear? I mean I shoot IDPA too but so what? I have/do regularly carry the same gear I use for IDPA. That's kind of the point of IDPA .... using practical gear in practical "type" scenario based competition. Claims ppl are getting an unfair advantage by using vests for concealment, etc. are just plain absurd. Some people carry like that (not me).

Besides, if it's such an advantage then put on your IDPA gear and concealment vest and beat their score.
    One could make the case that AIWB provides a time advantage over strong side carry.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    One could make the case that AIWB provides a time advantage over strong side carry.
    I find that any draw time advantage AIWB offers is erased when it comes to reloading from the closed front shirt.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    One's main piece of evidence would be that OrigamiAK dude. Holy smokes is he fast out of the holster!

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    I find that any draw time advantage AIWB offers is erased when it comes to reloading from the closed front shirt.
    I don't disagree, I was just rolling along with the other absurd ideas.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    .65 from concealment might be too much to expect but some of these guys are freaking lightning quick.
    I have almost no experience even watching these competition guys... But that being said, I just don't see how you could get off a faster first shot than Bob did in this video. It looks like the gun is still travelling upwards into his line of sight on that 1st 3x5 shot. I would think that the limitations of vertical height on a 3x5 card would make it nearly impossible to nail that 1st shot any faster and to be honest, I'm pretty blown away that he even managed to hit it in this video! But like I said, this is pretty nearly the first time I've seen this level of performance.

Had you asked me a week ago if a sub 3 second fast was possible... I'm not so sure I would've said yes.
    I train to be better than I was yesterday. -F2S

I wish these videos weren't limited to FB.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I wish these videos weren't limited to FB.
    They're not. The link I provided works without a FB login.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    They're not. The link I provided works without a FB login.
    OK, gotcha. I'll view later from a place that doesn't block FB.
    #RESIST

User Tag List