Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vogel Just posted a 2.98 FAST!!!!!!

Wow, this has gotten highly entertaining very quickly.

.65 from concealment might be too much to expect but some of these guys are freaking lightning quick.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    I really wish this was closer to VA, 20 hours of driving is a bit much...

Here is a link to his 2.98 run (1.15/.17/1.11/.19/.19/.17.):
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=351590484896154

Very nice run.
    Last edited by JV_; 05-16-2012 at 05:18 AM.

Here I am practically dreaming of getting to one of Todd's classes and being able to get a FAST Coin by shooting sub 5 sec. And now people are making sub 3 sec runs I really hope the rules don't change.

Quote Originally Posted by GOP View Post
    He's joking. But I'm not. IDPA gear takes off at least .15-.2 on the timer, so these runs are illegitimate.

What specifically is he using that provides a significant advantage? Vest? Stiff belt? Not sure he used a race holster.

Not seeing any issues here.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    IDPA gear takes off at least .15-.2 on the timer, so these runs are illegitimate.
    Specifically, which posted rule was violated? The rules are listed here: http://pistol-training.com/fastest

ToddG has also commented in a similar thread, Bob's 3.34 FAST run:
    http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post69130
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    (edited to add: while I obviously wasn't there, at least in terms of equipment there's nothing in the video suggesting that anything is illegal; the SMF vest is fine, the pistol appears to be drawn from at or behind the centerline a la IDPA, as does the mag)

He's joking. But I'm not. IDPA gear takes off at least .15-.2 on the timer, so these runs are illegitimate.
    I don't know that adding .15-.2 diminishes Bob's accomplishment, that still is 3.18 clean if you add the high end to his 2.98. Bob's not even claiming that it is official. He's just thowing the gauntlet down for Ben, saying hey dude beat this and they both seem to be on equal ground equipment wise. Whether he does it in a PT class or on video it's just amazing. Shows us what's possible pushing the boundrys. Something to aspire to.
    Last edited by rsa-otc; 05-16-2012 at 06:59 AM.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

I like to see folks using this drill since it tests the important fundamentals. Really wish I could make Bob's class.
    #RESIST

Man I got a lot of practicing to do if these guys can smoke me twice while I'm just finishing one run.....sounds like fun trying to get there though.

I think some of us might be missing the point, anything is possible if you put the time and dedication in.....period. It is amazing what you can accomplish with a determined mind and focused practice. Take our fellow memmbers trip to Rodgers, one hell of a example to a foucused and determined group of shooters.

Hats off to you gents.

THE CEILING IS NOW THE FLOOR.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    What specifically is he using that provides a significant advantage? Vest? Stiff belt? Not sure he used a race holster.

Not seeing any issues here.
    You beat me to the question here.

What exactly is IDPA gear? I mean I shoot IDPA too but so what? I have/do regularly carry the same gear I use for IDPA. That's kind of the point of IDPA .... using practical gear in practical "type" scenario based competition. Claims ppl are getting an unfair advantage by using vests for concealment, etc. are just plain absurd. Some people carry like that (not me).

Besides, if it's such an advantage then put on your IDPA gear and concealment vest and beat their score.

User Tag List