Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vogel Just posted a 2.98 FAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beltjones View Post
    I think you guys are just shooting fast and aren't doing things tactically correct. I think if you ran it correctly it would slow you down considerably. Just my opinion.
    I hope you're trollin

link please?
    Blue Bullets Team dude

The person probably the most pleased of all is TLG -- as his FASTest is gaining popularity faster than a chia pet.

Quote Originally Posted by theblacknight View Post
    I hope you're trollin

link please?
    He's joking. But I'm not. IDPA gear takes off at least .15-.2 on the timer, so these runs are illegitimate.
    http://thedownzerojourney.wordpress.com/

Shot as per Todd's rules I'm going to guess sub 2.5 is a possible run. .65 draw or something and a clean sub 1 second reload you might even see close to 2 seconds from some of these guys. With non legal gear I'd bet sub 2 second could be done, especially once some Open guys start playing with this.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

I honestly kind of think the standards should be tightened. I think a true expert score (as per IDPA division for example) is much closer to 4.0 seconds, maybe even 3.75. I'm just a IDPA MM and I consistently hit in the low 4's.

.65 from concealment, LOL, maybe if your idea of concealment is blurring the video. I can get a sight picture before .60 from my Production rig, but that's without any trigger manipulation and no way would it be a reliable shot on a 3x5 card. That is just about as fast as my hands can move. Your grip has to be a sure thing if you want to hit a .17 split on the card like Bob did. Add in sweeping a garment... I don't really think a .65 is humanly possible. Could be wrong though. Sub 1 second from concealment is doable for these guys I'd say. Maybe down to .9. Or at least possible for Bob, he's much better than Ben
    All I know is that I know nothing. - Socrates

Having shot some extremely fast runs in a relaxed setting, but also having shot MUCH worse, as in about two seconds slower when I had to perform right then at Todd's course, my reaction is that folks reporting what they did on their terms is interesting, but not necessarily predictive of what will happen on game day.

GOP, if it is so easy, why are there so few that have shot their two runs under 5 seconds at a course?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    GOP, if it is so easy, why are there so few that have shot their two runs under 5 seconds at a course?
    I'm not saying it is easy, but I do think that with enough practice it can be accomplished at a high rate. Me and a buddy of mine both shot the FAST in the 4.6's in competition (under stress, etc). I was at 4.61, he was 4.62. 2 Expert IDPA shooters were at 4.24 and 4.25 (it just turned out we were both within .01 of our friends lol). In fact, if my buddy hadn't messed up his reload a little, he could have easily hit a 4.3 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Having shot some extremely fast runs in a relaxed setting, but also having shot MUCH worse, as in about two seconds slower when I had to perform right then at Todd's course, my reaction is that folks reporting what they did on their terms is interesting, but not necessarily predictive of what will happen on game day.

I agree, big difference between shooting a FAST time in class and on your own without your peers watching.

I think we are on the same page, although I would add that the stress of doing it at Todd's course is far greater than regular competition, because while some compete every weekend, most do not get to shoot the FASTest at Todd's course but once every year or two. Now, if the FASTest was administered by others than Todd, and repeated frequently, I do agree that times would come down.

User Tag List