Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SEIU "finds" 39 million N95 masks

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    It's a financial move by the Army to get rid of some antique weapons that was costing them millions to store. I thought everyone was aware of the CMP sales. My post was TIC. But thanks for getting all of this information out to the general public. It's only been around for about two years now.
    1) The Army doesn't get paid for the weapons being released to CMP. It's of no financial gain to them. The only thing they get paid for by the CMP is the shipping of the firearms.

2) It didn't save the Army any "millions" in cost of weapons storage....those 1911s were replaced in reserve by M9s which will be there until you've long since passed away.

3) Stop being a turd by making incorrect, nebulous statements that jump from goalpost to goalpost.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Stop being a turd by making incorrect, nebulous statements that jump from goalpost to goalpost.
    This is sig line material of the first order.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Ok the union is made up of healthcare workers. They won't to sell the government supplies to protect their members?
    Quite a few years back, the local hospital workers were on strike and IIRC, SEIU was organizing a protest at one of the neighboring college's auditoriums. One of the striking workers parked her car in the Hospital's ER parking so security had it towed. One of the purple shirts drove the woman to our impound yard to get her car and was being very vocal about the unfairness of the situation until I suggested that we didn't care who paid the bill and that they were welcome to do so. <crickets>

Site Supporter
    https://www.ksat.com/health/2020/04/...posed-as-fake/

Report: Stockpile of 39 million masks exposed as fake

SACRAMENTO, Calif. – A major California labor union that claimed to have discovered a stockpile of 39 million masks for health care workers fighting the coronavirus was duped in an elaborate scam uncovered by FBI investigators, according to a newspaper report Sunday.

Investigators stumbled onto the scheme while looking into whether they could intercept the masks for the Federal Emergency Management Agency under the Defense Production Act, the U.S. attorney’s office said Friday.

The federal government has been quietly seizing supplies across the country as the outbreak spreads. But in this case, there was no warehouse, and there were no masks to seize, the Los Angeles Times reported.

U.S. Attorney Scott Brady told the Times that investigators tracked the tip back to a Pittsburgh businessman, who said he had been working with the Service Employees International Union-United Healthcare Workers West to secure millions of masks.

The businessman had been using WhatsApp to connect with a broker in Australia and a supplier in Kuwait, who are both now the target of a federal investigation, Brady said.

The union, known as SEIU, and the Pittsburgh businessman are not under investigation and both appear to be among a string of middlemen who were fooled, Brady said.
    Brady said federal investigators had reason to suspect the arrangement. The 39 million masks were advertised as N95 masks from 3M, the largest U.S.-based manufacturer. But 3M told federal investigators it manufactured only 20 million such masks last year, making that large of a stockpile unlikely unless the product was counterfeit.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    The Army just "found" 80,000 1911 pistols that had been in storage for 55 years. Funny how things just pop up from time to time.
    They're mine. Just this morning I was wondering where I put them.
    Have the finder send me a pm right away, please.

If this works, I'll give you a roll of toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    They're mine. Just this morning I was wondering where I put them.
    Have the finder send me a pm right away, please.

If this works, I'll give you a roll of toilet paper.
    Nice try. Everyone knows only GJM could misplace 80,000 personally owned pistols he forgot he had.

User Tag List