Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Anyone lose job with this pandemic?

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Color me skeptical and I ll believe it when I see it. Planning for seeing nothing.
    My wife is a 1099 worker too, so I’ve been paying attention to this.

I don’t see how this will work. How will everyone prove the wages they missed? Who’s the chargeable employer? The state? If it’s small businesses this will bankrupt them along with the $600 a week the federal government added on to unemployment.

Lot of ideas that sound great but I don’t think anyone thought through.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    My wife is a 1099 worker too, so I’ve been paying attention to this.

I don’t see how this will work. How will everyone prove the wages they missed? Who’s the chargeable employer? The state? If it’s small businesses this will bankrupt them along with the $600 a week the federal government added on to unemployment.

Lot of ideas that sound great but I don’t think anyone thought through.
    Isn't the bailout based on the income you reported to the IRS in 2019. I'm not sure how it will work if you haven't filed. They won't have any record of your income.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Isn't the bailout based on the income you reported to the IRS in 2019. I'm not sure how it will work if you haven't filed. They won't have any record of your income.
    They are using 2018 if you haven't filed 2019 yet.

Contractor type for a mid-tier DoD / Aerospace Training focused international.

We've been told our local branch is "essential", however management/project types (me) are to work at home UFN. Discussions this past week have included mention of 10% pay cut for worker types, with a sliding scale up to 50% pay cut at the CEO level, as well as talk of voluntary unpaid furloughs for TBD months, that would provide/cover healthcare benefits. We would apparently "pay that back" on resumption of work. No layoffs at my local unit (600+) yet but significant layoffs are possible at main plant (15,000+) due to unionized/CBA covered work force. We are told to stay tuned for further announcements forthcoming from local US-based HR this week.

As I understand it they will be using 2018 income filings.

No bailout for me, then - simply because I had to cash in a substantial part of one of my retirement accounts to pay off bills after my divorce. That money is considered part of AGI. Divorce - the gift that keeps on fucking.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    No bailout for me, then - simply because I had to cash in a substantial part of one of my retirement accounts to pay off bills after my divorce. That money is considered part of AGI. Divorce - the gift that keeps on fucking.
    Jeezus, that sucks. Divorces can be devastating to ones finances. Been there. Hope you make thru.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Jeezus, that sucks. Divorces can be devastating to ones finances. Been there. Hope you make thru.
    Thanks. The divorce (from a fifteen month marriage, natch) was over in January last year, this should be the last impact.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    And yet, no good marriage ever ends in divorce. Almost have my shit squared away a year later as well, so it sucks, but a LOT less than staying in.
    Last edited by jeep45238; 03-28-2020 at 09:53 PM.

User Tag List