Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone lose job with this pandemic?

Angry Anyone lose job with this pandemic?

I lost my job 3 weeks ago.
    Not due to virus entirely as it was early phase but the company took decisions on shutting down in person work a week later so I think it partially helped make the decision.
    Worse than job loss is not finding a new job as it's stay home order and companies don't even consider interviewing or hiring anytime soon.
    Haven't been to range either.
    In just few months, world went from happy to hell!

Sorry to hear you got the axe. If you don’t mind my asking, what sector did you work in? Granted, my world is pretty small, but it’s hard for me to understand how one sector can be slammed, and another cutting staff...

If you had a Class A license, I’m pretty sure I could make a phone call and you’d have all the work you wanted out of either Denver or Fountain (assuming that’s where you’re at) and, exempted from any stay-home order.

The tech sector is exploding right now. LMK if that's you.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    Sorry to hear you got the axe. If you don’t mind my asking, what sector did you work in? Granted, my world is pretty small, but it’s hard for me to understand how one sector can be slammed, and another cutting staff...

If you had a Class A license, I’m pretty sure I could make a phone call and you’d have all the work you wanted out of either Denver or Fountain (assuming that’s where you’re at) and, exempted from any stay-home order.
    No class A license.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    The tech sector is exploding right now. LMK if that's you.

Okie John
    Yes, I'm in IT but hard to get any reply with stay home order.
    I applied in few places and got reply that all the positions are on hold until they assess the situation after this is over.

My partner had to shut down her sole prop baking business due to conditions, and then because she’s considered nonessential. No one is having weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs and big birthdays right now, all the event venues are closed. Fancy ass cakes are dead.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

My job is secure—for now—but our tenants both lost their jobs. We’re not going to screw them, so it looks like I’m eating a month until bennies get through both houses and the Donald, depending upon the final package. Nobody will be untouched by this. The insulated may not feel it, but everyone will be hit; some directly, some by a graze. JMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

My wife got let go a couple of weeks ago. Interior design (hotels, luxury homes) is at a standstill.

I guess the upside is that the house is super clean and organized, and we don't need to find childcare during the lockdown, which lasts until Apr30 for us

My wife was furloughed. Paid for the first 2 weeks (which runs out tomorrow), then unpaid. Not exactly "loss of job," but close enough that it makes little difference for now.
    Anti-astroturfing disclaimer: I am the owner of Bagman Tactical (custom tactical nylon).

I still have my job........for now but am at home for at least a month or so and only getting 50% salary, I can still cover mortgage and utilities on that but not much more. I know it could be worse.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    My wife has a fashion jewelry business online, so while she's not really out of a job her sales are way down (roughly 75-80% drop off).
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List