Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is it me or gun prices are way up now?

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    There will be a bunch of PSA uppers and rifles available on sale in a few months as those panic buying need money to pay their credit cards
    And then some interested parties will be able to jump on some great deals.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I'm thinking a nice, fuddy shotgun or two and maybe some useless revolvers will be on my list in six to 18 months.
    I’m hoping for a lightly used GP100 with no more than light scuffing from sock marks.

I'm thinking about divesting an 870 Police Magnum while the market is high. I have a 1301T, and with @GJM's comments about monkeys and footballs when he recently took out a pump gun he is presumably familiar with, as well as his earlier comments to similar effect, I'm thinking it may be unlikely that the 870 will ever really do much but sit in the safe. And it would be nice to put the money toward a nice sporting semi or some Aridus 1301 bits when this storm passes, assuming I'm still here to do so.

The only reason I can think of to keep it around is so it's in hand if the semis all get banned in an uncertain future.

What are y'all's thoughts?
    While I have shotguns I don't use them for HD. Never been a yuge fan of the HD shotgun. If I did prescribe to that line of thinking it would be an auto loader. If you have a 1301T why on earth would you want an 870 for HD unless you wanted to keep it in your barn or shop? I have an old 870 Wingmaster in my safe but you can bet dollars to donuts that if I need a long gun for HD I'm looking for the carbine and a few extra mags which are already loaded. I sold most of my shotguns a few years ago and keep the 870 only because it was the first shotgun I bought about 50 years ago back when people actually used them for hunting.

Most people don't care about auto shotguns so I don't think they will ever be banned. Limited range, limited capacity. The same reasons I don't like them for HD.
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-27-2020 at 08:58 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I’m hoping for a lightly used GP100 with no more than light scuffing from sock marks.
    That'll get you started. In the meantime, read up on Model 25s and Blackhawks.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

That'll get you started. In the meantime, read up on Model 25s and Blackhawks.
    Sir yes sir.

I (briefly) was gifted a Blackhawk two years ago; my experience is here:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....wk-Help-Needed

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    While I have shotguns I don't use them for HD. Never been a yuge fan of the HD shotgun. If I did prescribe to that line of thinking it would be an auto loader. If you have a 1301T why on earth would you want an 870 for HD unless you wanted to keep it in your barn or shop? I have an old 870 Wingmaster in my safe but you can bet dollars to donuts that if I need a long gun for HD I'm looking for the carbine and a few extra mags which are already loaded. I sold most of my shotguns a few years ago and keep the 870 only because it was the first shotgun I bought about 50 years ago back when people actually used them for hunting.

Most people don't care about auto shotguns so I don't think they will ever be banned. Limited range, limited capacity. The same reasons I don't like them for HD.
    Heathen!

“People” still use shotguns for hunting.

Name:  59326B2D-FDA2-4673-B16F-C17209B7DA91.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  83.3 KB

Name:  C839E5B2-14FC-4A6A-8901-E1705D6D641E.jpg
Size:  89.0 KB

Name:  A8801689-9FD1-45B0-B524-D8BBD18CD66B.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  47.7 KB

Name:  D74A1C59-0FF1-4D12-B5C6-E06D1381E6DE.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  100.7 KB

Name:  9B2FD0EA-D8AC-413E-97BC-FC738FB91374.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  100.0 KB

Here’s another thing: some people think any gun, and the violence it implies, is evil and wrong. So they do think that a semiauto shotgun should be banned, just like a pump or a rifle or pistol or even a single shot .22. After the Australian and British shotgun massacres, remember, they banned normal hunting shotguns that held more than 2 rounds.

Hunting is a use of the 2A, even though it may not be the primary purpose, and people do still do it. Even with an old pump shotgun.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post

I generally agree with you but do see some utility for the gas guns. I am thinking about offloading a couple of my pump action 12gas, though I dunno how easy that will be logistically at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Heathen!

“People” still use shotguns for hunting.

Name:  59326B2D-FDA2-4673-B16F-C17209B7DA91.jpg
Size:  83.3 KB

Name:  C839E5B2-14FC-4A6A-8901-E1705D6D641E.jpg
Size:  89.0 KB

Name:  A8801689-9FD1-45B0-B524-D8BBD18CD66B.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  47.7 KB

Name:  D74A1C59-0FF1-4D12-B5C6-E06D1381E6DE.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  100.7 KB

Name:  9B2FD0EA-D8AC-413E-97BC-FC738FB91374.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  100.0 KB

Here’s another thing: some people think any gun, and the violence it implies, is evil and wrong. So they do think that a semiauto shotgun should be banned, just like a pump or a rifle or pistol or even a single shot .22. After the Australian and British shotgun massacres, remember, they banned normal hunting shotguns that held more than 2 rounds.

Hunting is a use of the 2A, even though it may not be the primary purpose, and people do still do it. Even with an old pump shotgun.
    I know they do. It's fewer and fewer every year though. The market for shotguns these days is clays and HD. I have a British sxs game gun in my safe that's worth about half of what I paid for it 20 years ago. I know because I've tried to sell it a few times. I had a very nice L C Smith 20 ga that I sold a few years ago. That took forever and I sold it for a loss. Market just isn't there for game guns anymore. The racks are full of Win model 12's (the Cadillac of pump shotguns) that nobody wants these days. Unbelievable. Nice Brit BTW.
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-27-2020 at 10:18 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    I had an old army buddy call me yesterday that he wanted an AR15. I told him he missed out on good deal days. I sent him the links for a BCM M4 upper with a bolt and a PSA lower. The prices seemed pretty much what they were a month ago. I told him not to wait and come visit me when he gets everything. I am sure I have enough spare parts to supply him with magpul furniture to finish it.

Site Supporter
    I checked the Atlanta area “Outdoors Trader” for used gun prices and I see some higher pricing but not panic yet

User Tag List