Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it me or gun prices are way up now?

Site Supporter
    Okie, we need pics of that .338. I went on gun gallery today to price a ruger MK4 tactical pistol. They have suspended the instant price.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Okie, we need pics of that .338
    It's at a local shop that's closed due to social distancing, so no pics for a while.

Spec sheet is roughly 22" barrel, Leupold variable scope, Biesen-influenced stock design, fleur-de-lis checkering, ebony fore end tip, checkered steel grip cap, island swivels, smooth bolt handle, nice marbling in the wood, rust blued finish, Blackburn bottom metal, red recoil pad that will need to be replaced, etc. It's a bit lighter than I'd like, but it balances perfectly so I can live with that.

Very similar to this, but without the quarter-rib.

http://www.hallowellco.com/winston_e...0win%20mag.htm

Unknown maker, so the price is considerably lower.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Unless you’re in dire need this is a great time to sit out the guns and ammo market.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    When manufacturers or distributors are sitting on stacks of inventory that's moving slow they may give discounts or incentives like free shipping if you buy X amount which dealers are able to pass on to the consumer. When demand spikes those incentives typically go away, and dealers possibly remove discounts and/or charge up to MSRP. Buying through distributors prices tend to fluctuate the most than when you're direct with the manufacturer. As a small company we typically focus on the companies we are direct with so we don't need to worry about so much fluctuation on our cost.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I'm thinking about divesting an 870 Police Magnum while the market is high. I have a 1301T, and with @GJM's comments about monkeys and footballs when he recently took out a pump gun he is presumably familiar with, as well as his earlier comments to similar effect, I'm thinking it may be unlikely that the 870 will ever really do much but sit in the safe. And it would be nice to put the money toward a nice sporting semi or some Aridus 1301 bits when this storm passes, assuming I'm still here to do so.

The only reason I can think of to keep it around is so it's in hand if the semis all get banned in an uncertain future.

What are y'all's thoughts?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I've had a casual interest in a Beretta 92 for a while, and noticed the sniper gray 92FS available at a few places looked like a neat option, but at around $750, it didn't seem worth the premium over a standard 92FS, since it was just a color difference.

About two or three weeks ago, Davidson's Gallery of Guns started offering the sniper gray 92FS for $550-ish, about $200 below their previous price, and now actually below the regular 92FS prices. About a week ago, Davidson's stopped showing their "Instant Quote" options, and now not only are the sniper gray 92FS's listed as out of stock, but all of them are.

https://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/...&zipcode=32506

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Very similar to this, but without the quarter-rib.

http://www.hallowellco.com/winston_e...0win%20mag.htm

Okie John
    I want need that in .30-06. Please and thank you.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I have spent the last year periodically checking prices on 9mm AR rifles over at Palmetto State Armory, as I'd like to add a rifle to go with my pistol.

This was fluctuating between $550 to $600 for a long time, and is now $630: https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...165450030.html

This was fluctuating between $575 and $600 for a long time, and is now $650: https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...165450018.html

The panic buying has driven those items up 5% to 12% in the last month. IF things calm down a bit I'd expect prices to drop back down again.

More than the rifle, I need a better optic for my AR9 pistol, and one for the the AR-15 I'm putting together. I haven't seen major price jumps there, but finding what I want in stock is a little tough, but I'm not in a huge hurry. I'm also hoping when things calm down I'll be able to find what I want more easily, and at a decent price.

Re Lester’s rumination on how much ammo to stock for general shooting practice, my baseline would be a case of .22 LR per year. Lets you shoot roughly 100 rounds/week. If things really get dire, you could cut back to 50 rounds a week to stretch it out for 2 years. Just bought a case of CCI SV for $288 delivered.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    I have spent the last year periodically checking prices on 9mm AR rifles over at Palmetto State Armory, as I'd like to add a rifle to go with my pistol.

This was fluctuating between $550 to $600 for a long time, and is now $630: https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...165450030.html

This was fluctuating between $575 and $600 for a long time, and is now $650: https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...165450018.html

The panic buying has driven those items up 5% to 12% in the last month. IF things calm down a bit I'd expect prices to drop back down again.

More than the rifle, I need a better optic for my AR9 pistol, and one for the the AR-15 I'm putting together. I haven't seen major price jumps there, but finding what I want in stock is a little tough, but I'm not in a huge hurry. I'm also hoping when things calm down I'll be able to find what I want more easily, and at a decent price.
    There will be a bunch of PSA uppers and rifles available on sale in a few months as those panic buying need money to pay their credit cards

User Tag List