Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is it me or gun prices are way up now?

I'm staying far away from gun stores for the time being.

Glad they got a boost in sales. Times got tough after Hillary spectacularly shanked the election, and that anticipated panic didn't materialize.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Site Supporter
    I checked the Atlanta area “Outdoors Trader” for used gun prices and I see some higher pricing but not panic yet

While prices may be higher now, the economic damage from COVID-19 suggests a lot of used firearms will enter the market as people decide that money for food, gas, and other essentials is worth more than a gun. I am, somewhat perversely, looking forward to seeing what surfaces. Perhaps some cool 1911 pistols or a Remington 40-X will be added to the safe.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I put a few things on consignment awhile back. I'm told I no longer own a .40 that's not a USP. Could be worse.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Today I sold a gen 3 Glock 19 for $900.

It was very lightly used with a stipple and grip reduction by Cold Bore Custom, and I'd put Ameriglo sights on it. So I had about $1k into the gun, and this is California and all firearms cost more here.

We did the transfer at my local gun store. The owners said it has been nuts, their sales are up 300% and they're out of inventory with handguns. They also reported that almost all of their recent customers are newbies, and muzzle awareness and general firearms safety has been a sh*t show.

While I was in the store, a guy was panic buying .40. Apparently he's been in repeatedly.

NICS numbers for March. Compare with last year March. Wow

Name:  B59326E9-48D9-47D6-8273-66563643A128.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  79.0 KB

Got an email from Lipseys, they are suspending shipping for a few weeks. Louisiana is getting hit hard now.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Every once in awhile, I check prices on the Tikka T1x. I'm bored enough to do it now, and there are prices as low as I've ever seen findable on gun.deals. Not that I need another HMR...and I've been telling myself I'll hold out until they make them in stainless.

KYGunCo.com's email yesterday still had Taurus 856 snubs for $230 shipped. So I guess it matters what you're trying to buy.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I am not seeing it locally, nor on Gun Broker or Armslist, though local ammunition prices are reflecting demand.
    My local FFL is selling in-demand ammunition for full retail, at less than current online prices. He is a peach.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

I guess one question I'd like to know the answer to is "are gun companies shoving guns out the door as quick as they can, to meet demand?"

Because that's not a recipe for a good gun.

Not that I'm buying anything right now, and wouldn't buy brand new even if I was, but I'm curious what to look out for on the used market in a few months.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List