A nice look at the production of the M&P line:

Good video, thanks for sharing.

Site Supporter

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    A nice look at the production of the M&P line:

Awesome, thanks for posting
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

The M&P 2.0 is a good product but I think I prefer the 1.0 with its more pronounced beavertail.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

The M&P 2.0 is a good product but I think I prefer the 1.0 with its more pronounced beavertail.

I'm actually the opposite.

While I don't own an M&P, I have shot both variations and the 1.0 with the beavertail lowers my hand in the grip. It's an individual thing, but the shallower and higher that area of the gun is, the more I can get the web of my hand high on the gun and be better able to control the gun.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

I've wanted so desperately to standardize on the M&P lineup. I was an early adopter in 2008 after they were released and ended up with a gun that needed to go back to S&W three times to fix various issues. I developed a good working relationship with their customer service and stayed loyal to the company for a while. Unfortunately, I never could make the gun do anything that my Glocks didn't already do and I had to work harder just to make them a wash. Once the gen4 Glocks came out and I could add a beavertail to stop slide-bite, there wasn't much left to consider.

I still have a soft spot for the M&P though. A first generation gun bought cheaply and fitted with an Apex barrel and trigger would offer a lot of value.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    I can get the web of my hand high on the gun...
    For me this means potentially getting skin in contact with the slide and getting cut.

Big reason I like the Shadow Systems MR918 and the P320 series.

For me this means potentially getting skin in contact with the slide and getting cut.

Big reason I like the Shadow Systems MR918 and the P320 series.

And exactly why I don't like them much. :-)

One's hand shape makes a definitive difference.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    And exactly why I don't like them much. :-)

One's hand shape makes a definitive difference.
    The original M&P, in my opinion, was a good combination of aggressive high grip and protective beavertail. Also I found the beavertail a solid reference during presentation.

User Tag List