Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Latest Victim of COVID-19 Is the Second Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    As Rob says, this attempt by state governments to try to use the emergency to shut down gun sales will very likely have the same effect as the Clinton AWB, and actually increase the number of gun rights supporters.

Most people don't notice restrictions & regulations until it affects them personally.

A lot of these panic era gun buyers honestly bought into the stated intentions of the various gun laws- to keep mail order machine guns out of the hands of criminals and mass shooters. That those same laws mean they can't instantly buy a gun right now when they need a gun RIGHT NOW! never occurred to them. Because they're good people, not one those evil people.

Some of those people will learn. Often times, when something affects someone personally, they take it personally.
    That's what you get for just checking the boxes for more gun control. You get more gun control and some people control right along with it. Then one day they woke up to find they are the people. That just sucks.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Then one day they woke up to find they are the people. That just sucks.
    Hopefully, it serves as a genuine wake-up call to people.

Site Supporter
    I was just talking to the proprietor of a local gun shop on Monday.

They usually sell about two dozen guns a week. In a ten day period they were selling two dozen guns a day. Many of the people who came in said "I've been thinking about buying a gun for a long time and now is the time."

Until last weekend (the 21st and 22nd) when they were deluged all day long with people who had never shot a gun, touched a gun, or seen a gun up close. All those people suddenly decided they needed a gun.

An 80 year old lady came in and wanted a .45 because her husband had been in the Army 60 years ago and that's what he thought they should get. She was just a tiny woman, and frail, and she couldn't pull back the slide on any gun they had in stock (The ShieldEZs were sold a long time ago) and she couldn't pull the trigger on any double action revolver they had, so they convinced her that perhaps she didn't really need a gun at this time.

I read a statistic that only 7%-10% of gun owners EVER practice with their guns. I hope a lot of these first-time gun owners don't have negligent discharges, or leave the guns lying around where children or thieves could obtain them.

User Tag List