Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G19 Kydex OWB holster recommendations?

G19 Kydex OWB holster recommendations?

I'm looking at trying to carry a G19 OWB. I am thinking I want kydex, but most of the holsters I see are HUGE compared to the gun. I don't need something the size of a legal envelope. If those are my only options, I'll stick to IWB. I'll be doing farm/ranch-type work with it on, so I'd like something pretty durable.

What's out there that's quality and would fit the bill? Am I off-base in avoiding leather due to a fear of the holster getting inside the trigger guard as the holster gets older?

I realize this was probably beat to death back in the '90's, but I didn't turn up anything in a search. Thank you for your time.

JMCK OWB2 will likely fit your needs.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

If you can convince Tom at Dark Star Gear to make this one for you, I think you'd be very pleased.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    I'm looking at trying to carry a G19 OWB. I am thinking I want kydex, but most of the holsters I see are HUGE compared to the gun. I don't need something the size of a legal envelope. If those are my only options, I'll stick to IWB. I'll be doing farm/ranch-type work with it on, so I'd like something pretty durable.

What's out there that's quality and would fit the bill? Am I off-base in avoiding leather due to a fear of the holster getting inside the trigger guard as the holster gets older?

I realize this was probably beat to death back in the '90's, but I didn't turn up anything in a search. Thank you for your time.
    Excellent suggestions here for kydex for those that responded! Add Tenicor and the Raven Perun to that list with confidence. They are fairly trim.

With regard to your concerns about worn leather... any product that is worn to the degree that it loses shape or structure, regardless of material, should be retired. Quality leather holsters such as those from Kramer Leather, Mitch Rosen, or Andrews Leather should provide very long useful lives. I have a few pieces from Kramer that are well past their second decade in use and are still as structurally sound as the day i received them.

Another vote for the JMCK OWB2.

The easy button is the Raven Perun. It’s $49 and very durable and rides comfortably.

If you want a hand made Kydex holster then JMCK and Darkstar are going to be the best in my experience. That said, when you talk about farm and ranch work... what do you mean? If concealment isn’t a big deal, and if you’ll be on horses or ATV’s then an ALS from Safariland may be a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    JMCK OWB2 will likely fit your needs.
    These are great general purpose holsters. I have them for 1911, G19/23 and EDC X9. Very well made.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    I carry my issue G45 in a JM owb 2 every day, including Sunday. And have for several years. I have 4 of them for various Glock models. You’d be hard pressed to find one better.

What do you want regarding retention? If additional retention is desired, a Safariland ALS 7TS option is good (model 7377, 7378). If you don't want the additional retention, the Raven Perun will ride closer to the body and provide better concealment if that matters.

The other companies mentioned are also good - if they make something that does what you're looking for.

Two suggestions:

1. Olen Holsters; they've made a superb series fo holsters for me, OWB and IWB, for my Glocks, Beretta, HKs and 1911s.

2. An often overlooked (and/or disdained) OWB option is Glock's own Sport/Combat holster, for around $20. It's a lot better than many give it credit for. There's also the Glock Sport/Duty hoster, which while designed around the full-size G17 type frame (and provides more weapon coverage) will also work nicely with a G19, but with some extra holster length.

Best, Jon

User Tag List