Thread: A Marine's X25

A Marine's X25

Right before this pandemic I got the opportunity and privilege to go through a divorce. Because of that I sold my 1911 and looked to simplify my life as far as guns went. For pistols I settled on HK lem guns but rifles I couldn't decide. I spent 4 years of my life in 1st LAR in the marine corps so that meant a lot of time with a M4 and after I got out I spent even more time with an AR. With that said, when I learned NM considers your vehicles an extension of your home, I wanted a compact long gun I could take on trips that brought me out and into the open desert. At first I thought an AR pistol was an easy choice but after shooting a friends it left much to be desired and the ballistics left me wanting. Then came the x95. I put a H2 and a trijicon mini 3x magnifier on it and zeroed it. It shot under two inches with m193 at 100 yards which is all I wanted and balanced well. I could sprint with one hand on the gun, shoot at 150 yard+ steel with one hand on the gun, and honestly fell in love with how well the gun shot on the move. As I continue down this path, this rifle continues to impress me.

For me a very interesting post. Since Neyti is such a huge Aug fan it is the only bullpup design I ever hear talked about here. What led you to pick the X95 over the Aug?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    For me a very interesting post. Since Neyti is such a huge Aug fan it is the only bullpup design I ever hear talked about here. What led you to pick the X95 over the Aug?
    JodyH told me that the Aug was enough different that if you ran one, you should only run it. I really did consider one, even offering someone on the forum a trade for one. The x95 has a similar safety and magazine release position. Honestly it has been an easy transition

A Marine's X25

I like my Tavor quote a bit, especially after numerous aftermarket parts to make it more AR like. It is heavy though, and while it makes a great camp rifle, I prefer an AR if I have to cover some distance.

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 03-26-2020 at 01:37 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List