Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Case for a 20" Shotgun, No Side Saddle, Non-Flite Control Buck

Stoeger sells some inexpensive semi-auto shotguns using the same inertia operating system as Benelli. They are also a subsidiary of Benelli. I think the shotguns are made in Turkey. The controls are the same as the Benelli and they have tactical models. This could be a good inexpensive option for a semi auto.
    Last edited by DamonL; 03-28-2020 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If this was an art contest, I would crown Craig as the winner, based on his artistic composition. However, I think he is running a bit light. This is mine, and feels right for the times.

Attachment 50792

Well there is the OTHER side of the bed too....

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I would think some communication and prior planning would prevent the face full of buckshot.
    Or it might encourage it

I’m truth what she’s currently asking for is her clays gun “hidden” in the bedroom. I’m not really comfortable with that fir a variety of reasons.

I may be guilty of her saying “can’t I use my own shotgun”and me hearing “will you buy me another shotgun?”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Last time we spoke you sold me on the 1301T. I was just getting around to trying to track one down when the Earth stood still. It's in the plan. I think I want the green one.

I do wish it had a "rifle sight" option vs the ghost ring but not that big a deal.
    I’ll just leave this here...

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Berett.../j131t18le.htm

It isn’t green, but it is fairly reasonably priced, and in stock.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Bed side pic. 1301 with no saddle for holding and short gun for moving.
    Looks very much like the 1301T a step away from my bed these days. Only mine has a WML.

I feel so cool - I have something in common with @SouthNarc, besides my age.

A little off topic but I need to ask; not seeing many slings on the shotguns in this thread. Are slings bad for self-defense in-home shotguns?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    A little off topic but I need to ask; not seeing many slings on the shotguns in this thread. Are slings bad for self-defense in-home shotguns?
    I don't see a situation where, in my home or on my (rural) property, I'd need to grab a shotgun and then want to let it hang, unused.

Like many have expressed, if I'm not sure there's a gunfight going on, I can cover a holstered handgun much better.

On pumps i think they may be a hindrance on a grab and go gun.

A handgun is my investigation gun. My shotgun is my "someone just kicked through 2 heavy wood doors" gun.

My shotgun that id grab for red dawn has a sling.

Interesting discussion item. Jeff Cooper described a sling as being to a long gun what a holster is to a handgun. I think it is more complicated.

In the field, I want a simple AR carry style sling that allows me the option to sling the shotgun when hiking, but that can be quickly removed and stowed in a pocket when in thick cover. During a training class, I want a tactical style sling that will allow the shotgun to hang when not being fired. In a home defense scenario, I think it depends. If I was actually engaging, I see the sling as extraneous and possibly something to get hung up. However, if investigating a noise at night, and especially if out on your property, I want a sling so I can have the shotgun slung while moving, so I don’t run into a police officer and get shot on sight.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Interesting discussion item. Jeff Cooper described a sling as being to a long gun what a holster is to a handgun. I think it is more complicated.

In the field, I want a simple AR carry style sling that allows me the option to sling the shotgun when hiking, but that can be quickly removed and stowed in a pocket when in thick cover. During a training class, I want a tactical style sling that will allow the shotgun to hang when not being fired. In a home defense scenario, I think it depends. If I was actually engaging, I see the sling as extraneous and possibly something to get hung up. However, if investigating a noise at night, and especially if out on your property, I want a sling so I can have the shotgun slung while moving, so I don’t run into a police officer and get shot on sight.
    Well put.

User Tag List