Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Case for a 20" Shotgun, No Side Saddle, Non-Flite Control Buck

You mean like the guns of Bonnie and Clyde?

Name:  cbarrowpns.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  94.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post

Yeah, but those guns got them KILT ON DA STREETZ (after they kilt a bunch of others, of course)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Since we're posting...

The pump shotgun that lives here; 1940 Ithaca 37, 1941 20 1/8" barrel*.
    I would love to get something more modern & robust, along with a class from TCinVA, HiTs, Chuck Haggard, or Tom Givens. However, life is not always planned...

Attachment 51369

I was going through it today because the mag spring seemed to lose power to push the last shell (using all plastic Pachmayr snap-caps) and would mis-feed. This is understandably concerning if one needs a shotgun very badly.
    Thankfully, cleaning and lubricating the feed system seems to have cured the issue for now. Anyone have experience with the plastic Choate followers in this application?

I expect that a) a new magazine spring, and b)a five round shot card will make their way here this week, along with more #1 buckshot. This shotgun has patterned well with Flite-Control 00 and S & B 8 pellet 00 in the past. Being 6.25 lbs, recoil is brisk.

Reading the MN statutes, I am gutted to find out that SBRs are fully kosher, but a SBS that is not a curio & relic is worth a felony. Must be due to that heavy Mafia presence we had in the early 30s...
    I see nothing wrong with that gun. I’m not a super tactical shotgun dude, though. I have a 1953 Ithaca 37S that is my primary hunting and shotgun games gun. If I found one like yours, I’d probably snatch it up for the HD role.

I really like the looks of that 9" 3 shell tube pump!

Seems like a really good length for home defense. You could keep the tube empty but keep a fourth shell on hand either in the open chamber or in a match saver and then you got 4 ready to go before you leave the bedroom.

Has anyone ever shortened a 590 or 870 down to 9" that holds 3 in the tube? I have only ever seen the 2-shot tube micro shotguns from Serbu and then 5-shot 14" 590s

I think a 3-shell 9" barrel might be a nice sweet spot or maybe a 4 shell 12" barrel? I played with a buddy 14" 590 and with 5 in the tube and 6 in the saddle it's a heavy little beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post

Seems like a really good length for home defense. You could keep the tube empty but keep a fourth shell on hand either in the open chamber or in a match saver and then you got 4 ready to go before you leave the bedroom.

Has anyone ever shortened a 590 or 870 down to 9" that holds 3 in the tube? I have only ever seen the 2-shot tube micro shotguns from Serbu and then 5-shot 14" 590s

I think a 3-shell 9" barrel might be a nice sweet spot or maybe a 4 shell 12" barrel? I played with a buddy 14" 590 and with 5 in the tube and 6 in the saddle it's a heavy little beast.
    The three plus one shotgun sounds like a perfect home defense long gun to accompany a five shot J frame.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I love PF. We went from 20" 8-shot guns to 9" 3-shot guns in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post

To be fair, I really want a Remington Mod 12 "whippet gun" because reasons.
    I also want a cut down BAR for the same reasons.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

The Serbu Super Shorty has a 6.5" barrel.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gu...horty-shotgun/

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post

Has anyone ever shortened a 590 or 870 down to 9" that holds 3 in the tube?
    This is how I shortened my 870P, Benelli M4 and FNH SLP.

https://youtu.be/PCqJIW4_K7s

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The three plus one shotgun sounds like a perfect home defense long gun to accompany a five shot J frame.
    Would Mike Pipes agree?

User Tag List