Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Begun the great debate about cargo pants vs jeans has

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Geez... This thread should be merged with the Corona Boredom Thread. You guys have too much time to jerk off over this BS.
    That’s why it’s GD. Holler if you need excluded from this part of the site.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Dude, you are officially a hipster. Don’t argue. There’s no point.
    He’s pretty big in Japan.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Dude, you are officially a hipster. Don’t argue. There’s no point.
    Dude, I was a hipster, before it was cool to be a hipster, basically I'm a meta-hipster...

Not anywhere close to sure what the debate is about. Different uses for me. I stopped wearing jeans, when I had hernia surgery in my early 20's. About 10 years ago, I was looking for some, for wrenching and specifically, wondering if there were adult toughskins, so the knee's wouldn't wear out.
    Normally, it is Dickies, uniform pants, sometimes cargo (wore most of them out), or BDU's. I picked up some Sam's club jeans about two years ago, which were used mostly last year, to keep paint off of other pants (house painting).

Student
    I don't own any tactical-brand unless you count undershirts from a sale that Magpul had some time ago.

Most everything I wear is either Dickies or Carhartt. While I do have a few pairs of work jeans from them, my favorite pants are 874 doubleknees, which aren't cargos.

I'm somewhat fond of the workwear aesthetic. It does make me stand out in classes sometimes though.

Quote Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
    Wranglers and boots.
    Good stuff.

That's all I wear these days.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I have big balls (), but I don't need crotch room to my knees.
    Wait until your 70s. Then you will. Gravity.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Jeans. If you don't get JNCO's you'd find that movement isn't as bad as you'd think. This of course means that denim will touch your legs, but that's OK. There seems to have been a shift from when I was in highschool to now. Back then, the old dudes wore nuthuggers and we wore baggy jeans. Now that reasonably loose jeans are the norm, the old dudes think they need JNCO's. Those are hard to move in. Even 50# over a good weight my jeans are still just fine to do damn near anything. If they're not good, neither would most other pants.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Cargo Pants vs Jeans...?

...Depends
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Jeans, because I don't want to look like a cargo pants dork.

Also, with a 28" inseam, every pair of non-tailored pants make me look like a slob. By contrast, a pair of slim-fit (not skinny) jeans in selvedge denim fit me effectively perfectly, still stretch, but do not tear or hole easily. That's because selvedge = self edge. And that type of denim does not require a closing stitch to keep from unraveling, they're the original form of ripstop.

I buy mine from Uniqlo (Japanese fashion company), they typically run $50-60 bucks a pair, and are 98% selvedge denim and 2% spandex, which gives me that stretch. A single pair lasts me effectively 9-12 months of daily wear. I've been wearing them for 5+ years now and I still have my original pair, but they now have a holey crotch, so I use them for garage/grease monkey work. I have I guess four 'retired' pairs now. Also, Uniqlo offers inseam tailoring for an extra 5-bucks, so you don't have to roll your jeans if you don't want to.

For me the big thing is...crotch fit. Cargo pants, painters pants, hell 98% of pants are made to have a crotch that goes almost to my knees. I have big balls (), but I don't need crotch room to my knees.
    Dude, if you're wearing pants with spandex in them, then just go ahead and graduate to yoga pants, that is the logical next step.
    Oh please, no photo's
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

User Tag List